Training plan question..

Dr S
Dr S Posts: 146
edited February 2009 in Health, fitness & training
I'm back on the bikes trying to get fit for the Southern XC series and general fitness for summer.

Over the last three weeks my mileage has gone 26miles (all road) , 50miles (all road), 70miles (20miles offroad, 50 on road) . I feel pretty much fine, no pulls, strains or sprains. All miles have been done with a HR around 140-145 (I'm 31 max hr is about 200 there or thereabouts)

The big question is what should I be aiming for the week after next (post rest week)
I'd like to get my big weekend ride to about 40miles (roadie bike), (35 this week) then increase the pace on a short ride 10miles or so? Interval sprints? then 20 miles on a mid week mtb ride

Does this sound reasonable sensible?
Kona Kula Supreme, the hardtail
Scott Spark 20 the softtail
Cannondale CAAD9 the roadie

Comments

• Next week back, I'd try to repeat your last week of training after all you've had a week off.

Do you need to do that more miles ?? If not hold the miles after that to similar and start creeping up your speed / HR each week.

My training is just going out as often as possibly, Off Road mainly, mixing in some road occasionally with swimming and just racing around until exhausted.
  • Id start doing intervals about 3-4 weeks before you start doing big races. I find doing hard bunch rides helps alot as well. It forces you to work hard in areas that your not good at. For example, im a bit of a hill climber, but i do bunch rides each saturday with a 15km all out effort over generly flat roads and its helped alot. Also get lots of race practise in. If there are club XC races that dont realy count for anything, race them. This will give you more race experience and teach you how to ride under pressure.

Its more of a general idea than a plan, but you can work it into your training some how.