Serious Help Needed To Organise a 80mile Ride

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
Hi all

I am going to try and organise a 80mile ride over two days from Elgin to Aberdeen using mountain bikes. The ride will not be on main road but will use the small minor B roads.

A break will be after 40miles in a B&B somewhere then finish the final 40miles on the second day.

Ive put this forward to my work for them getting on board and get some money raised for a local school who is suffering from a run down area and parents that are involved in drugs, so needless to say the primary kids have a hard time, they have a breakfast club so we wanna raise money for that.

However they have come back to me (my work) and said that I need to get an action list together of what we will be doing and what is required, also the dreaded work RISK ASSESSMENT has been mentioned and out HSE officer will have to do his thing.

So any help please is most welcome in what sort of thing I should be looking at, doing, pulling together.

This is the 1st time I've tried to do anything like that and am a bit stumped.

So far I have

Chosen the route

What else would I need.. .please help.. and those kids deserve something and its a chance to get people of their backsides on pedaling to better fitness.

Cheers everyone.

Gman