Hog Hill Winter Series

16simon
16simon Posts: 154
edited February 2009 in Pro race
Hi, my club East London Vélo is promoting the Hog Hill Winter Series, and we're looking for some feedback from riders.

This is a message from Leslie Everest, our secretary and the series organiser:

"It has been a steep learning curve for us organising races at the excellent new facility at RCC, however, there have been one or two problems for us. The Judges box is too small and camera cannot be placed high enough. Hence the weekly nag about placing your numbers correctly.

No salt for the circuit when frosty.

Water on the bottom circuit.

We have tried to overcome these problems and provided a spread of criterium races at all levels. I believe we have done that"

Constructive feedback is welcome, thanks!!

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    beats hillingdon is my 2 pence worth.....

the marshals at times are somewhat disincentive-ised by the cold to perform there duties..

the races at cat 4 level blow apart end to end fairly rapidly making for a host of lapped riders and groups.... there has been a fair amount of confusion about finishing orders.

this week looked better...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    can be a bit slow posting results on the web compared to hillingdon

but that appears to be fixed as well
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • 16simon
    16simon Posts: 154
    well, we email the results after the event so they are usually up on londoncyclesport the next day and on BC on monday.... or you could just ask after the race.
  • mididoctors
    16simon wrote:
    well, we email the results after the event so they are usually up on londoncyclesport the next day and on BC on monday.... or you could just ask after the race.

fair enough...