Salsa Moto Rapido?

donnie murdo
donnie murdo Posts: 986
edited March 2009 in MTB buying advice
I am thinking of getting this frame for a new hard tail build. Has anyone used/ridden this particular frame? What are your thoughts on it. And do you think it is suitable for typical UK conditions?

Thanks,

http://www.salsacycles.com/motorapido08.html

Comments

• Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    I don't have that frame but I have the previous incartation of it (Bandito) & it's an awesome frame.Mines just full Scandium rather than having the carbon stays so a little bit lighter, it's really race oriantaded but still quite comftable to ride, when I bought mine I could have bought any frame I wanted really but I'm glad I decided on it.
    Plus it's a Salsa & I really respect that brand, they have been arouund from the start & are not afraid to make frames that are different to the average mass market bike companys.
  • I've just picked up a second hand complete build. It is the old colour scheme of "rasta black" and looks absolutely incredible!
    Running it with a Whyte Bros 80mm fork and the thing just flies. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    It is fantastic, especially if you have come from a light nimble full rigid, as I did. Very chuckable, its a bike you are 'on' rather than 'in', great acceleration and just an absolute joy to ride. Mine is built onto 100mm Rock Shox Reba Race forks - my LBS have built up several on 100mm forks rather than the 80mm intended and all customers agree it really works - makes it more trail than race orientated - I've never raced but have monstered Cwm Carn, Afan, Coed y Brenin etc etc on it and it laps it up.