Possible new forum layout, please let us know what you think

whyamihere
whyamihere Posts: 7,695
edited February 2009 in Workshop
In case you don't read the Cake Stop forum, we're planning some changes to the layout of the Road section, and one of the affected sections is this one. Please click here and let us know what you think.

Comments

• Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    Personally I think that all of the "Workshop" forums on BikeRadar should be unified into one to maximise the helpful replies and cut down on duplicates.

For example, If I create a thread asking for help indexing my gears I want the most possible answers, regardless of whether the other forums members ride a mountain bike or a road bike. Just because someone rides a slightly different bike doesn't mean they can't help me with my problem.

Buying advice is different, in that case I think it still makes sense to separate them but not for the workshop.
  • rustychisel
    rustychisel Posts: 3,444
    Simplify it!!! For Gawds sake!

I come here very irregularly because BR has become a bloated and busy site with far too many categories in the most absurd places. F'rinstance, if 'Commuting' isn't 'road cycling' for the vast majority of people, what is? 'Track' is under the 'road' heading... why why why? etc
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I\'m only escaping to here because the office is having a conniption
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Regardless of format, I think the mods should try and eliminate the number of duplicate posts - probably by sticking them in FAQs - I find it tedious trawling through the same what wheels / tyres / pedals questions day after day.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • How about a separate section for the dope obsessed libellers ... be great to have a one stop shop for my daily giggle ...

:lol::lol::lol:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • rockmount wrote:
    How about a separate section for the dope obsessed libellers ... be great to have a one stop shop for my daily giggle ...
    :

Another section for the ostrich fanboys cheering on their countrymen. I like a good laugh reading that people think there is no doping in pro sports in 2009.
  • rockmount wrote:
    How about a separate section for the dope obsessed libellers ... be great to have a one stop shop for my daily giggle ...
    :

Another section for the ostrich fanboys cheering on their countrymen. I like a good laugh reading that people think there is no doping in pro sports in 2009.

...What are you on about ??? .... thanks for the laugh anyway :lol::lol::lol:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    This would all be more useful in the main topic...
This discussion has been closed.