Choosing and attaching bashrings

Northumbrian27
Northumbrian27 Posts: 3
edited February 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I hope this question doesn't sound too stupid, I just don't want to fork out on a bash ring if it turns out to be the wrong type.

I was just wondering if I could be given advice on what type (and also make) of bash ring I would need to attach to Specialized Pitch Pro with 22S/32S/44A 4mm thick outer, 4 bolt 104/64mm rings. I'm a student so money is a bit thin on the ground so I wouldn't want to fork out too much.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    to replace the 44T ring or to add to it?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I'm not sure. Probably to replace. Which would you recommend? Given that I'm already catching a bit going over stuff, would placing it as well as the 44T make it overly large?

Thanks!
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Race Face do a nice one that bolts directly onto shimano crank sets

Looks like this on a pitch comp pbpic2126026.jpg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I'm not sure. Probably to replace. Which would you recommend? Given that I'm already catching a bit going over stuff, would placing it as well as the 44T make it overly large?

Thanks!

then you just need to get one to cover your middle ring. currently a 32T so a #"T bash will do.

If you want to use a bigger ring then you will need a suitable sized bash.

Take care getting a bsh that is too big can cause chain rub on it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown