How do you rate Roval wheels?

flyer
flyer Posts: 608
edited February 2009 in Road beginners
I bought a Roubiax Pro and it has Roval Fusee wheels fitted.

How good are these, the decals have started to come off in less than 200 "dry miles"

Any advise on wheels appreciated

Ian

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    i'm sure they are ok - they are pretty aero aren't they cos the star bit in the middle is narrower than most hub flanges.

personally I think they are ugly though.....
  • gkerr4
    apologies - I was thinking of the fusee star wheels

the regular fusee ones are still a £342 retail wheel though so should be decent - they are quoted at 1500g for the set which isn't bad and use DT spokes so will be 'repairable / maintainable' - which is more than can be said for most factory wheels.

shame the stickers are dropping of them though - probably just remove the stickers - from the pics I have seen there isnt a whole lot of sticker on them anyway is there?
  • flyer
    flyer Posts: 608
    Thanks for the advise, yes there are only a couple of stickers on them!

Just wondered what I would need to spend to get any better, bit I guess they will do and maybe upgrade in a year or so.

Thanks for the feedback

Ian
  • gkerr4
    you are going to need to spend a fair bit of brass to get better to be honest - perhaps in the £500 - £600 range to see any improvement.
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    I'd keep riding the wheels til they break, then get something else. Roval wheels seem to be ok, but I hear many of them have internal nipples, which makes truing them trying. And, like many "factory" wheels, they are kind of expensive at retail....