Well my Bike got a bit dirty.. and it was cold outside..

Anderzz
Anderzz Posts: 103
edited March 2009 in MTB general
So i washed it...

...In the Bath!! :D

imgp2190xu6.th.jpg

imgp2192eh6.th.jpg

imgp2193ri5.th.jpg

What you reckon guys? :lol:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    now wash the bath.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anderzz
    Must admit, it was a bit gritty when I went in bath myself lol

But yeah, i washed the bath :roll: :(
  • Banned!
    Banned! Posts: 34
    i used to do that a bit. had to take the fish out first though. the bath was never the same afterwards,

mind you, it was never the same before either.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Another OCUK refugee :wink:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Best place to wash the bike... particularly if you've got a shower head!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    even better if the bath room floor is "tanked" then you have the whole bathroom to splash the water about in.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anderzz
    Northwind wrote:
    Another OCUK refugee :wink:

Haha top detective work mate! :D

It seems its not as rare a method as I expected. I only did it because a friend made a joking comment so i gave it a go to make him laugh :)
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Ha,

Just picturing the wife`s face if she found me cleaning my bike in the bath. :lol:

Think i`d end up in A and E.
  • Anderzz
    pdid wrote:
    Ha,

Just picturing the wife`s face if she found me cleaning my bike in the bath. :lol:

Think i`d end up in A and E.

I took the photos on my Mothers camera, Id washed the bike when my Mam was in bed from nightshift so she didnt know...

until she looked at her camera today :lol: doh!
  • I'd have to take the washing up out first!!
    Be happy, communicate happiness.
  • Furkuk
    Furkuk Posts: 71
    My wife would kill me if I brought my bike inside never mind taking it into the bath with me :shock:

I can see you on a Jeremy Kyle show "You love your bike more than me" :lol:
    Now the owner of a GT Aggressor XC 3
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Furkuk wrote:
    My wife would kill me if I brought my bike inside never mind taking it into the bath with me :shock:

I can see you on a Jeremy Kyle show "You love your bike more than me" :lol:

Yep same here !!
  • I'd be D E A D if I put my bike in the bath. I nearly got killed when I got caught washing the DOGS in the bath!! :shock:
  • Barkey
    Barkey Posts: 339
    You wouldn't happen to be hedge from the OCUK boards lol
  • Anderzz
    Barkey wrote:
    You wouldn't happen to be hedge from the OCUK boards lol

Thats me mate :)
  • andituk
    andituk Posts: 122
    edited February 2009
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    I am so glad i found this post! hahaha I thought I was going mad.

There I was, sat looking at my bike, thinking, needs a wash. But where can I wash it? Well the baths free and the girlfriends out, and i have spare towels.....

I was like a fat kid in a cake shop, no sooner had i thought about it was i sat blasting the shiite off. Top tip, if your shower isnt very powerful, take the head off, and use the hose bit like you would with a normal hose outside, squeeze between finger and thumb! I have honestly never had so much fun, so much so i took some photos! will get them posted tomorrow. Glad im not the only loon washing his beloved in the bath :-)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Did you use your mums shampoo on the bike too? :)
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    matthew h wrote:
    Did you use your mums shampoo on the bike too? :)

Well I was already there so I used your mums... Yawn..
  • scottyjohn
    scottyjohn Posts: 143
    Need to be careful with this though, because a lot of baths have a flat section of drain pipe underneath the bath, the grit will build up there and block the drain. So I was told....
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    My gf made me wash her bike in the shower the other day, i was really quite unimpressed...
  • Justinjured
    Justinjured Posts: 142
    Did you use your mums shampoo on the bike too?

It certainly looks like it judging from the rich shine and healthy bounce!

Only problem is youll be riding round smelling like youve just come out of a womens hair salon. But I guess you might be worth it!!
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    I was outside in the cold and dark cleaning bikes, and fitting new gear cables to the misses bike yesterday.

should have used the bath with the excuse of "its this or you can walk" :lol:
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • where did you pee while the bike was in the bath?
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • Yukon Lad
    Yukon Lad Posts: 423
    i think if i washed my bike in the bath then my last worry would be it rusting cos it was dirsty, i can picture myself sitting on the doorstep, with my beloved bike, me soaking wet as it rains :lol:

Yukon Lad
    Drop, Berm, Jump, Sky, Sky, Sky, Sweet Beautiful Earth OUCH, OUCH,OUCH, ****! GORSE BUSH!!!

Giant Yukon FX2
    Kona Stab Deluxe 2008
  • amt27
    amt27 Posts: 320
    this is the only way I have washed my bike since we moved to a 3rd floor flat with no garden,
  • marinman1
    marinman1 Posts: 262
    i washed my rims in the bath today, was good, got them shiny and white again, although i noticed the white paint cracking and starting to chip, i'm not impressed. does anyone know if this happens to all rims or is it just mine? Back on topic i think i'll start washing my bike in the bath more often :)