C2C in 2 days where to stop

karnali
karnali Posts: 703
edited February 2009 in Tour & expedition
planning on doing the coast to coast in 2 days in the summer workington to tynemouth

people who have done it where did you stay at for the night

cheers

Comments

• I stopped at Garrigill on the way back (did it non-stop on the way there). Nice B&B next to the pub. Nice location too if you're going W to E, you get Hartside out of the way then a nice long downhill all the way to the pub and your bed :)
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    We stayed in Rookhope a few years ago. Lovely B&B, garage for bikes, great brekkie, and the husband of the household drove us to a pub for an evening meal and collected us afterwards (he said the local pub was poor). The Rookhope Inn wasn't recommended.

I can't remember the name, unfortunately, but you should be able to find it. There is a guide to the C2C on the Sustrans shop which is essential if you hope to find B&B's while en-route as you need to phone ahead as you are competing with other cyclists for accommodation. Better still, book in advance (but I couldn't guarantee my progress so couldn't pre-book).
  • jjojjas
    jjojjas Posts: 346
    yup, book now.
    I just booked in penrith and Allenhead this morning (3day trip) and I got the last bed in Allenheads they rekon. Looks like a busy year. Enen Penrith too three attempts to get booked.
    Jas
    it looks a bit steep to me.....
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    The Rookhope Inn is legendary! Good food, good booze, good rooms and no last orders!
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/