First Diet.

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited January 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Anyone tried the Special K challenge thing?
I'm overweight from xmas (still) and i'm detoxing, starting with my diet.

Nutritionally, there isn't anything wrong with eating Special K twice a day but i'm not sure that i can stomach it!

Anyways, i'm gonna give it a go (started today), along with no fizzy drink, alcohol, chocolate or fatty foods.

Gonna try and up my exercise as much as poss, but until next saturday it'll be quite difficult as i don't have my bike with me :(

Anyone else give any advice/tips of how i can stay on a healthy diet?

B

Comments

• I'm kinda on that diet. I'm eating ab owl for breakfast followed by one of the special k bliss bars which are surprisingly tasty, esp the mint choc & raspberry choc. Then a salad at lunch & a cooked meal, usually chicken & veg, beef stir fry etc at night.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • yea i was looking at the bars too :)
    just need to eat healthier and increase m exercise to lose a bit of weight :)
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    The way I see it, that diet just makes you lose weight because you eat less food. There is no way I could survive with 2 meals a day being just a bowl of cereal.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    A proper diet consists of 6 meals a day not 3 and should be all of similar quantity not two small meals and then a large meal.
  • Vivid wrote:
    A proper diet consists of 6 meals a day not 3 and should be all of similar quantity not two small meals and then a large meal.
    no, a proper diet consists of eating an average amount of calories during a day, while providing the body with all the essential nutrients that it requires.

That could be done in 2 or 8 "meals" a day...it doesn't matter as long as your getting your recommended requirements, which can be provided for by eating 2 bowls of Special K and a balanced evening meal.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    I did the cornflake diet for a while, just felt very deflated and craved junk food :) Getting into a good routine with exercise seems to work better with me, keeps me off the chocolate as I want to get faster as well.

Eating nothing but cornflakes almost felt like a justification for snacking on chocolate, bit backwards.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    I am currently doing the two bowls of cerial a day, the problem is they are both at breakfast..................

Over the last year I have cut down a lot of the crap I was eating, but can't seem to do the last push :( I am one of those people who is always hungry, so feel like I am on a diet when I am in fact eating too much!
  • matthew h wrote:
    I am currently doing the two bowls of cerial a day, the problem is they are both at breakfast..................

Over the last year I have cut down a lot of the crap I was eating, but can't seem to do the last push :( I am one of those people who is always hungry, so feel like I am on a diet when I am in fact eating too much!

:lol: well i managed ok yesterday, although I was taken or an Indian by the rents so i didnt start well :(
    But anyways, today is today, i've had a bowl of SPK and i'm pretty full :)

The problem I have is that I have an incredibly fast digestive system. I'f i'm not doing sport or exercise I have to take tablets to slow it down. So i'm always hungry, but instead of having the self control to wait till dinner, i always eat crap and dinner :lol:

I'm on decaf tea now too :) cut the caffeine completly :D
  • Vivid
    Vivid Posts: 267
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Vivid wrote:
    no, a proper diet consists of eating an average amount of calories during a day, while providing the body with all the essential nutrients that it requires.

That could be done in 2 or 8 "meals" a day...it doesn't matter as long as your getting your recommended requirements, which can be provided for by eating 2 bowls of Special K and a balanced evening meal.

Nope,

I mean diet as restricting your diet to lose weight.

6 meals a day will increase the metabolism and aid weight loss. Your body is clever, having 2 small meals and 1 large will mean that your body will store more fat as the meals come scarce and small.