Disk bolts rubbing on fork

george.b
george.b Posts: 41
edited January 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
recently ive found that the six disk bolts rub on the bottom of my forks and are causing wear to the fork and the bolts.
does anyone know how i could fix this? :?

the forks are marzochi dj3's and brakes are avid juicy 5 if thats any help

Comments

• JonH
    JonH Posts: 24
    That doesn't sound right

I'm guessing your wheel isn't dished properly maybe? does the disc line up in the caliper?

Maybe gets some bolts with less pronounced heads
  • hmm the disk fits pretty snug in the calliper. the problem only occured when my LBS changed the fork from dj4 to dj3 i dont understand how this caused the problem :?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and the hub is a what?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • JonH
    JonH Posts: 24
    thats a bit odd, just checked my DJ2's, its close but more than enough room, I have a hope disc though
  • Banned!
    Banned! Posts: 34
    Ive been thinking about this and I cant see how that could possibly be happening. your disc bolts shouldnt be anywhere near your fork legs, but should be around 10mm away from them.

can you post a pic of the wheel and fork, showing the problem?
  • nicklouse
    Ive been thinking about this and I cant see how that could possibly be happening. your disc bolts shouldnt be anywhere near your fork legs, but should be around 10mm away from them.

can you post a pic of the wheel and fork, showing the problem?

not correct.

It depends on many things. hub and Axle system for two.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • i will post a picture tomorrow. The thing that puzzles me is that there was no problem at all with the dj4s but now they rub with dj3
  • nicklouse
    what is the hub?and what else have you changed?
  • mr boos
    mr boos Posts: 40
    that happened to me after my lbs fitted new wheel bearings, the lad had refitted it arse about face,luckily i noticed it and they apologised and sorted it, so no problems there. the brakes are also juicy fives, there is a clearance of about 3mm. the xt brakes on my yeti have about 5mm. make sure it hasnt damaged the fork leg too much