Indicate!

BUICK
BUICK Posts: 362
edited January 2009 in Commuting chat
You'd think that the word itself would at least suggest how indicators should be correctly used. A car made contact with me yesterday after suddenly moving from the left to the right hand lane where I was cycling towards a right hand turn.

Helpfully, they indicated after bumping into me so that I knew what they had done? :roll:

MIRRORS!
SIGNAL!
MANOEUVRE!

Shower of ba5tard5...
'07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
'07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*

Comments

• themoog
    themoog Posts: 22
    I've noticed that the order in which drivers do this has changed - it used to be 'mirror, then signal, then manoevure'.

It now seems to be standard practice to make your manoevure, then pop on your indicator, and finally have a quick look - presumably to confirm that you have nearly hit your target...
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Not really any different from the motorists who stop at the lights, the when the lights go green, decide to let everyone behind them know they're turning, or who only bother when halfway through intersections?
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I was thinking the same this morning. I usually get 'mirror, signal if can be bothered, manoeuvre regardless'.

Indicating after the manoeuvre is one of my pet hates. Yes i can see you're turning left now thankyou.