Musk

Sewinman
Sewinman Posts: 2,131
edited January 2009 in Commuting chat
Gents, what is your favourite musk to flatter and enhance your man scent and attract the ladies?

Sex panther is illegal in nine countries (http://sex-panther.com/)...but my favourite is Slazenger Sport Talc all over my body with a liberal splash of Tuscany by Aramis.

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Versace Pour Homme
    or
    Polo Black
    or
    Bvlgari Aqva
  • I don't think men should smell of perfume/cologne...
  • Sewinman
    I don't think men should smell of perfume/cologne...

What if they smell of Africa...Lynx Africa. And its called 'Musk' when worn by men. :)
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...I think male smellies can be a bit cheesey and should be used sparringly if at all...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Sewinman wrote:

What if they smell of Africa...Lynx Africa. And its called 'Musk' when worn by men. :)

Lynx! I hope you're joking....
  • Sewinman
    Yeah - Old Spice and a pheromone wipe...gold dust.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Sewinman wrote:

Lynx! I hope you're joking....

I'm with LiT on this one, doesn't mean men should stink just no eau d'toilet.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439

+1

I smell like a man - of meat! (and cheese)

I only use unscented mitcham to hold back the power of my man pheromones(?) :D
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Dior Homme - smells like pipe tobacco!
  • I don't think men should smell of perfume/cologne...

Now I agree with this. Mostly. Because I (simply) *heart* the smell of a Lush soap, called karma. And I have a little bottle of the scent they use in that that I pull out once every other blue moon.

Oooh. That was a bit metrosexual, wasn't it?

I must get back to some more manly activities. Like depilating my legs. :oops:

I've never even considered getting my teeth straightened. Does that help?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • fonty1978
    fonty1978 Posts: 101
    Personally i never wear any scent but i find Sure anti-perspirants are pretty good at keeping you smelling fresh!!
    Commuter Surosa Toledo S34 Audax
    Best Bike Merida Road Race 901-18

In truth i love them both
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Space NK's Blue cologne is amazing, and my gf loves it, so that might become my second scent.
  • Channel - Allure
    Calvin Klein - Eternity
    Lacoste - Pour Homme
    YSL - Jazz

Got a few other here and there but cant remember what they are.

General rule of thumb always need to smell clean and fresh nothing worse than smelling like a tramps arm pit or similar.
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • Channel - Allure
    Calvin Klein - Eternity
    Lacoste - Pour Homme
    YSL - Jazz

Got a few other here and there but cant remember what they are.

General rule of thumb always need to smell clean and fresh nothing worse than smelling like a tramps arm pit or similar.
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • Channel - Allure

Would that be the version sold down the market? Alongside Cocoa by Channel? :wink:
    :D
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Channel - Allure

Would that be the version sold down the market? Alongside Cocoa by Channel? :wink:
    :D

Dont tell any one. (duty free at Heathrow really)

Have never been able to find one of the dodgy stalls in the market you must tell me where to go lol :)
  • DavidTQ
    DavidTQ Posts: 943
    Hmm Id say hugo boss, but I never bother to wear any (Im sure Ive got a bottle of it somewhere that must be 8-9 years old now if it still exists). Im naturally a low odour person even when cycling etc so I dont have any "need" for any scents. If I did suddenly start using scented products again now my wife would get suspicious :lol: It has to be said I dont want to be attracting the ladies, I have a goal in life to remain 100% faithfull, I really dont need to put myself in temptations path :D.

In my single days a "pull" was never marginal enough to be determined by what brand of scent I may or may not be wearing (however the lack of "bad" smell would have been an important factor). The majority of my pulling would be done from across the room, If I had a girls eye already then the "chat up" was a formality.The only scent that was important when I made the approach was a lack of bad smell.
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    I use the smell-less underarm stuff from Waitrose (get him!) and I have some body shop stuff. Um, what is it? Must ask the gf, she got it for me! Its in a red bottle.

I wash with things from Lush though, they make me smell nice.
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...one word...or maybe two...

...bath or shower...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Sewinman
    I don't recognise all these girlie musk's :shock: ...they probably have eau de tiollette' on the bottle or some such...parfum etc :roll:

Women are not going to swoon and faint if you smell like cirtus fruit :roll: Try a true masculine scent - such as English Leather Musk Cologne by Dana for Men.

"English Leather Musk Cologne by Dana, English leather musk by dana was introduced in 1972 as a masculine scent. This manly scent possesses a blend of musk, and woods. English leather musk is recommended for daytime wear. "

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_cid ... ducts.html
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    That's really three you know :P

What was the stuff chavs and that used to douse themselves in years ago? When they wore YSL shirts and shellsuits...
  • Sewinman
    For Romantic wear try Monsieur Musk Cologne by Dana for Men

Monsieur Musk Cologne by Dana, Launched by the design house of dana in 1973, monsieur musk is classified as a luxurious, oriental fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of rich spices, greens and wood. It is recommended for romantic wear. All products are original, authentic name brands. We do not sell knock offs or imitations.

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_cid ... ducts.html
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    I think it depends very much on the man in question.

If the courting environment is anything like the working environment, a strong cologne can be a piblic service either (a) let you know in advance that they are approaching, so you can make good an escape (b) let you know that they have been (e.g. in order to think of an excuse for why Bikeradar was on your computer at the time) (c) make their presence less painful (d) repel insects.
  • Old school coal tar soap.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    linoue wrote:
    Old school coal tar soap.
    What about olive oil and sand? None of this saponified bitumen nonsence.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    linoue wrote:
    Old school coal tar soap.
    What about olive oil and sand? None of this saponified bitumen nonsence.

Olive oil? damn you're posh. We use the run off of candles and we're happy to get that!
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    unsmelly men don't need perfume

smelly men need to wash more
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited January 2009
    Bvlgari Aqva

That's one Bad Mama Jama!

Though I prefer Bulgari Black.

I try to keep my fragrance collection small these days and only wear them on special occasions like the second coming of Jesus...

To answer Sewinman - because we know you do your best work on the commute, chinos, white socks and falling on top of complete Newbies to this cycling malarkey:

After a commute (and you have to understand I really hate my job and the office I sit in) Lynx Chocolate smelling spray because it was cheap - they're lucky I even wear that.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Bvlgari Aqva

That's one Bad Mama Jama!

Though I prefer Bulgari Black.

To answer Sewinman. After a commute (and you have to understand I really hate my job and the office I sit in) Lynx Chocolate smelling spray because it was cheap - they're lucky I even wear that.

do you not find women trying to bite chunks out of you
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689

do you not find women trying to bite chunks out of you

It's a sickly pleasure of mine... to be bitten...

:shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game