No Pedal Bikes

Banned!
Banned! Posts: 34
edited January 2009 in MTB general
Ive noticed a few pics here of bikes with no pedals and a lot of mags will give the weight of the bike without them too.

Now, I have always used pedals but some of you obviously dont. I cant work out how this works (and Ive tried) or what the advantages of riding pedaless would be. isnt it a bit dangerous on the downhill bits. and what about going up a hill?

opinions please?

Comments

• djvagabon
    djvagabon Posts: 262
    Are you trying to cause trouble again J.C lol
  • Almost all bkes, mountain or otherwise, come without pedals as it's, for some people, a ver personal thing ant they'll swap pedals between bikes.
    Most magazine photos will be taken when the bike is all spangly and new so it wouldn't have the testers favoured pedals fitted then.

Joe.
  • Banned!
    is that what those clip on shoes the xc guys wear are for? do you clip theminto the holes where he pedal axle would be?

i notice its never jump or dh bikes that are weighed without pedals, only xc bikes.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Based on theinfinite monkeys theory I predict that one day, JC might make an amusing thread or comment. Only time will tell.
  • djvagabon
    I heard somewhere that they dont put the weight of the innertubes in, and they drain the fluid from hydraulic brakes.
  • Banned!
    Toasty wrote:
    Based on theinfinite monkeys theory I predict that one day, JC might make an amusing thread or comment. Only time will tell.

based on the notion that you can suck my balls, suck my balls.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Toasty wrote:

I sincerely doubt it, he's got along way to go.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Toasty wrote:

based on the notion that you can suck my balls, suck my balls.

That one wasn't a bad attempt. (made me laugh, anyway!)

But, I see where you're coming from Toasty
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • jesus christ, i dont use these forums very often but at this time you can only be described as a complete idiot.Reading through some of your post's all you seem to do is try and cause some kind of trouble,why dont you just bog off unless you have got somthing decent to say,im sure most people on hear will agree and why the foul mouth? you need to sort yourself out quick.
  • djvagabon
    jesus christ, i dont use these forums very often but at this time you can only be described as a complete idiot.Reading through some of your post's all you seem to do is try and cause some kind of trouble,why dont you just bog off unless you have got somthing decent to say,im sure most people on hear will agree and why the foul mouth? you need to sort yourself out quick.

Put your handbags away ladys lol.
  • Banned!
    jesus christ, i dont use these forums very often but at this time you can only be described as a complete idiot.

wow, this is such a surprise.

first of all Id like to thank God for giving me this wonderful talent, and of course my parents for all thier support. oh, I promised myself i wouldnt cry too!! of course, without you, the fans, I dont exist, so this is really for you. thank you all for coming on this wonderful journey with me. I hope to see you all soon. thanks, really.
  • djvagabon
    Youre a sarcy fooker J.C, but still very funny.
  • funny no, sarcy bxxxxrd yes he possibly still cant even ride a bike or trike.And yes thank your parent's for going down to toy's r us and buying you your first trike for christmas well done never mind one day you may be able to ride like the rest of us.Keep posting you sure know how to make your post count add up since you got your trike.
  • Banned!
    christ, is that the best you can manage?
  • no but we dont all need to be some kind of hero on hear like you mammy's boy
  • Banned!
    its here, not hear.

hear is what you do with your great big oversized ears, dumbo.
  • christ, is that the best you can manage?

Are you talking to yourself Jesus?? :shock:
  • Mattmanic
    Mattmanic Posts: 234
    christ, is that the best you can manage?

Are you talking to yourself Jesus?? :shock:

I was just thinking that. Which person was it in?
    Paypal fee calculator - http://www.rolbe.com/ppcalc.htm

A useful tool...
  • Banned!
    it was in the third person pejorative.
  • Banned!
    Wow, your like 3 people?! Amazing

fatha, sun and tha holee mothafokkin spirit
  • just because you have a massive post count dosn't make you cooler or superior too everyone else as you seem to think J.C :!:
  • Banned!
    who said it did?

I think Im cooler and superior to everyone because of my rapier wit, stunning good looks and my enormous willy.

check me out one time, uh uh. yeah, get jiggy with me!!
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Have you not noticed the Hamsters running inside the wheels 8)
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    bushtuckerlad

duty_calls.png

JC

top trolling! internet forums need people like you to keep them interesting! PLEASE CARRY ON!

:lol:
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • no but i dont want to lower myself to your level,also i dont think i am some kind of hero
  • Banned!
    that was your first mistake.

if you get upset by somebody you dont know on a forum just because he's funnier and more popular than you (partly, but not only, because of your ridiculous ears and that fishy odour that follows you around) then you really should have a look at your life. such as it is.
  • sorry that was a dig at j.c hero not you m1llhouse by the way j.c hero i read in another post that orange bike's were sxxte why not tell us about your trike let's here all about it.By the way i may of had a spellin mistake here and there but not everyone is as purfect as yourself, mammy's boy.Has she bought you a bell yet?if not dont worry toy's r us sell them also now go and play with your barbie doll
  • Oh and yes you do have a big willy.
    on your forhead
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    :roll:
    {insert smartarse comment here}