New Headphones

jacktheoc
jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
edited February 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Just ordered my New Denon DNS3500's and am looking for some new headphones to go with them.
i have been looking mainly at technics and sony but for around £50 (my budget) they seem to be a little crappy.
Just been looking ay skullcandy g.i's and play have them in the sale for £35, anyone used them or know anything about them?
otherwise any recommendations for £50 dj headphones

Thanks for replies

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I love my Technics. Obviously for under £50 they're not amazing, but they're better than most.
  • In that sort of price range you won't beat Sennhieser HD555's. Great sound and very comfortable.
  • jacktheoc
    Been speaking to My cousin who owns a dj/record shop and said he could get me some sony mdr v700's which are ment to be £80 for £50 threw the shop.
    anyone got any experiences with these? seems a good offer..
  • I'd rather stick with a brand which deals souly with headphones/audio. If not interested in Sennhieser then Grado are definately worth taking a look at.
  • Definately Sennheiser CX300
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
  • Definately Sennheiser CX300
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    He's after headphones not earbuds, grados are good but an accquired taste They are opposite most headphones and are light and airy, they also leak sound like a demon.

Don't go anywhere near skullcandy's they're flash but terrible for sound.

Personally id go for these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • jacktheoc
    Dazzza wrote:
    Don't go anywhere near skullcandy's they're flash but terrible for sound.

Ahh Good to Know, Ive been looking at the skullcandy TI's. Any other thoughts, got about £50 maybe more for right set?

J
  • Dazzza
    Sign up here, they'll help you better than i can as i don't tend to look at the lower end much.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/

But the grado sr60 are good but like i've said each pair of cans carries it's own signature so id just post up what your after sound wise, what you listen to and your budget, they'll steer you right for sure. :)

However the sennheisers i posted above can be had for £56 and they would be worth the extra.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • jacktheoc
    Il sign up now, thanks for the link dazzza. Yeh i could go to £56 id say my max is about £70tbf. just not too keen on the look on the sennheisers!
  • Dazzza
    True but at the end of the day it's the sound that matters and they have a good rep.

Anyway that forum will steer you right, or wrongly once you see the path it'll take you down. :lol:
    Giant Anthem X