Springs on its way...

Soggz
Soggz Posts: 221
edited January 2009 in MTB general
So I though 'Feck work!',and went for a ride instead...

Picture003.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Comments

• Mjolnir
    Mjolnir Posts: 58
    Nice one,
    My bikes all put back together now and the sun has come out for a bit out so I think i'll be heading out on mine later too.

That's a cool monument/statue thing. What/where is it?
  • Mjolnir, tried the new brakes yet?
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...rode home last night from work, 13 easy miles, and yes I reckon spring was in the air... first good ride this year... :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Soggz
    Soggz Posts: 221
    Its at Heavens Gate at Longleat near my home town...erm...i guess its a modern take on a 'stone circle'.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Soggz wrote:
    Its at Heavens Gate at Longleat near my home town...erm...i guess its a modern take on a 'stone circle'.

is it pinned together, or held by the keystone effect all the way round???

the engineer in me thinks that if it does hold its own self upright then I like it!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Banned!
    Banned! Posts: 34
    yer, at work today I could deffo feel something in the air.

however, bitter experience tells me that we still have howling gales and the sleet of february to deal with before we can rest our weather vigilance and lay our winter clothes to one side.
  • Cee, you're having a laugh, you think health and safety would allow that, without it being thoroughly pinned and sittng on piles driven deep into the ground!!
    Be happy, communicate happiness.
  • Mjolnir
    Mjolnir Posts: 58
    Soggz wrote:
    It looks brilliant. It's nice to be able to take in things like that on a ride.
    mtbikerboy wrote:
    Mjolnir, tried the new brakes yet?
    I just put them on last night and finished setting up the gears. I only took it out for a quick spin in the wet around midnight so I didn't stay out long but they seem to work well. I like being able to adjust the reach.

I could do with cutting the cables down but CRC are out of the brass olives until the end of next month so I contacted Hayes and they said they would get a couple straight out to me. Nice of them I think.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    cee wrote:
    is it pinned together, or held by the keystone effect all the way round???

the engineer in me thinks that if it does hold its own self upright then I like it!

So there's not much engineer in you then??? :D :shock:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Soggz wrote:

Have you tried to ride right round the inside yet??
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • darren636
    darren636 Posts: 102
    Soggz wrote:
    i thought it was shimanos new middle (composite) chainring????
    m-trax ti 1000- back when i was rubbish.
    evo 8 - i am continuing to be rubbish.