What are my pedals ? Cube LTD Race 09

weeksy59
weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
edited August 2009 in MTB beginners
30534-1.jpg

Pedals - Fasten Alu

Can you clear up what they are in real terms please ?

I've not made the jump to SPD as i am still not terribly confident in the mud and like the ability to dab a foot down if needed...

I have some Flats i can fit... but not sure what mine are and what i would/wouldn't need

Comments

• llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Don't think they're SPDs, just a basic aluminium cage design. I've just ordered one of those too :D
  • haha, was you not just mentioning about gettin a new ride last week and I said get one on 0% finance and not tell the wife :D

ps... i love that bike but I want it in the white/blue, infact I have the picture in my favourites, tis gorgeous... I want the saddle off the white/blue one for my current ride but can't seem to find one.

let us know how it rides :D

Andy
  • I ordered one of these too :) going to swap across my wellago pedals as soon as it arrives though! Not ready for the spd world just yet :D
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    they are a crappy cheap cage pedal that Cube seem to put on a lot of bikes. First thing i upgraded on mine
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • llamafarmer
    Willetto wrote:
    I want the saddle off the white/blue one for my current ride but can't seem to find one.

I think it's a Cube branded saddle, not sure you can buy it on its own.
  • Rich9
    The Saddle on mine is branded 'Scape'. some of the 09 range have Fizik
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Rich9 wrote:
    they are a crappy cheap cage pedal that Cube seem to put on a lot of bikes. First thing i upgraded on mine

I have a set of Flats i usally use, so will swap them on ASAP (if the sodding thing ever arrives)
  • I have one of those on order too, ordered it on Friday!!

They are just crap cheap cage pedals they supply the bike with. They know everyone has their own pedal desires so just give you something to get the thing home on!

I am going to get my spds fitted to it as soon as I get it!

I just cant wait to ride it, I have gone for it purely based on the great reviews it is getting. I have not ridden one yet. I hope its good!!

Anyone out there got one? Have i made a good decsion?
  • llamafarmer
    Got mine last weekend and it's lovely! :D

Not really ridden it in anger yet, but first impressions are very good. Feels light and fast, but not so stiff as to be really unforgiving and the Rebas are super smooth. The pedals are crap, but as you say, what's the point of putting a £50+ pair of pedals on there that most people will probably just change anyway.

You certainly haven't bought a lemon! What colour did you go for?
  • RIdden mine for first time at weekend - had to use the pedals that came with it as did not have correct spanner to swap them over to my wellago pedals :( kept slipping off!

Anyway... was a fantastic ride, had a smile all over my face, seemed really light -(compared to my GT) was definatly fast and nippy through the single track, really happy I bought this! :D

You won't regret it!
  • Rich9
    My 'cheap crappy cage pedals' went in the bin. Now have DMR flats on. Much better
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • peterw47
    peterw47 Posts: 24
    What size did you go for? I'm after the stand over height for the 16" ... I've got my wallet open already ready to buy one!!! :-P