Rides/Routes around Milton Keynes

questo18
questo18 Posts: 5
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
Hi All,
Got back into Mbk last year and am moving to Milton Keynes this year. Any decent local rides/routes? Any advice would be of great help. Anyone done any of the North Downs?

Thanks.

Steve.

Comments

• Do a search for Woburn Sands.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • Cheers Boris I'll have a look.

Steve
  • there has to be a route around all those roundabouts? :P
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • pemsey
    pemsey Posts: 107
    Woburn Sands as has been said - and some extended loops from there are possible. Also, if you're actually in MK itself there are some good training loops possible on the bridleways that link up a lot of areas - (not the dreaded Redways!) - best thing to do is get a copy of the large scale city map that has everything marked on it and build up some loops from that eg Loughton, MK Bowl,Emerson Valley Park, Buckinghamshire Way/Swan's Way can be worked out as a loop of about 10-12 miles most of which is on bridleway.
  • Thanks Pemsey I'll take a look. Yes the red routes!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Not the best MBK territory but need to make the best of it for local rides in between trips further afield.

Cheers,

Steve.
  • If you use Memory Map I have a calibrated QCT file of the Milton Keynes Council Map, showing the redways and other rights of way around MK.
    If you PM me an email address I'll send you a copy (2.7MB).
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Also Chicksands and Aston Hill are not too far from MK.
    There is also Harlestone Firs - not a trail centre but has a fair few bridleways
    Take a look at my website (see sig) - there is a map of lots of Uk trail centres so you can see where they are in relation to where you live.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Yes I'll have a look at Chicksands and Aston Hill. I've been to Harlestone Firs a few times before.

Cheers.
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Also the whole of the Chilterns is acessible from there.... you gan jump on The Ridgeway at Tring and ride that, or many great loops can be made around that area via Wendover. Asridge, Berkhamstead and the forementioned Woburn Sands and Chicksands. All those places can be gotten to on the train too if you fancy a post ride beer or 2