Waterproof trousers

mounty
mounty Posts: 682
edited January 2009 in MTB buying advice
Looking for some waterproof trousers, are the Endura Gridlock any good ?

I dont want to spend loads on Event etc as I have a habit of ripping things :-)

Any suggestions please ?

Comments

• 5xcr
    5xcr Posts: 195
    how
    about halfords bikehut. :D
    12hr days 5 days a week riding to work and back and still the energy to ride 2 other days
  • I just bought some Helly Henson (spl?) ones for about £12 from sportsworld (or whatever they are called - evry town has one - cheap sports shops)

Seem fine for my needs, velcro strap around the ankle.....
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I have the gridlock ones, they are very good. Reasonably hardwearing haven't crashed too hard in them yet.

IIRC they size up quite small, so order a size larger than usual.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    I have gridlocks - good, hard wearing, plus the extra thickness inside the calf helps with rubbing.

£36 @ Wiggle
  • woodgob
    woodgob Posts: 96
    I have Gridlocks....they're OK but have let me down once or twice when water starts to get in - espcially on the a***. They're quite heavy too - I get very hot in them.

They are hardwearing tho.....had a couple of nasty scraping spills in mine - one on road, one off - and they've held up well.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Grid locks are good but unless it's really cold (no higher than say 5 degrees) I find them too hot. Perhaps I'm just sweaty? Good for commuting, if you take it easy or bloddy awful weather. Otherwise I stick to Lycra. I think they are as good as anything else out there though - they are durable.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.