Classics on the telly

pipsqueak
pipsqueak Posts: 72
edited January 2009 in The bottom bracket
Anyone know yet if ITV4 are screening the classics this spring? I heard rumours they were. Also, Are Eurosport doing the HD thing with cycling?

In other words, is it worth me splashing out and buying Sky TV HD with a new HD telly or not? If ITV4 are screening some races, i wont bother spending.

Thanks.

Comments

• blim
    blim Posts: 333
    ITV have a deal with ASO (Tour de France owners). That's why they've shown over the last few years Paris-Nice, Paris-Roubaix, Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Paris-Tours and (I think) the Fleche Wallonne. They get what seems to be the official ASO highlights package, and stick an obviously-recorded-after-the-event commentary track from Paul Sherwen. But hey! I don't have Eurosport and am glad for any cycling I can see. Nice if they got the Tour of Flanders, though...

I'm sure I read that they'd signed an extension, so hopefully there'll be highlights again this year.
    kop van de wedstrijd
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Eurosport HD will be broadcasting some races in HD. They started with the Tour de France last year and the Olympic road races.

I'm hopeful Paris - Roubaix wil be in HD.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • The Tour of Qatar is on Eurosport, or the 2nd day is at least.

http://www.livesportontv.com/

I check the ASO and UCI's websites every so often just in the hope that someone will show me some jammy barstewards riding somewhere sunny.