Footwear and socks

OOtzen-Booty
OOtzen-Booty Posts: 116
edited January 2009 in Road beginners
At the moment I wear Asics trainers and 2 pairs of normal white sports socks,What footwear and socks do I need to wear on a newbie level or if I am to get serious about my cycling[which I would like to do]

The next step so to speak

:arrow:

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Dedicated road cycling shoes and clipless pedals. With overshoes over the top to keep your feet warm / dry(ish) at this time of year.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Bronzie wrote:
    Dedicated road cycling shoes and clipless pedals. With overshoes over the top to keep your feet warm / dry(ish) at this time of year.

and some merino wool socks.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I just use normal cheap sports socks in my shoes and overshoes this time of year because if you get caught in a shower they will never be white again !!
  • I bought some Spec shoes with floating a SPD SL cleat system - very good but they are summer shoes (perforated).

In winter I also wear overshoes and two pairs of socks (one pair of trainer socks and a pair of normal sports socks). A good pair of Merino wool socks seems to be all I'm lacking.

It's was -5 round here the other week and then I started getting cold toes after 30 mins of riding.

DM