Twisted tyre fitter

loco020
loco020 Posts: 15
edited January 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi,
Can't find anything in the forums like this tyre I've got that seems to sit wrongly on the wheel.

To handle the mud better, I finally got around to fitting a maxxis medusa I bought a while back. I put it on the back wheel and fitted a panaracer XC pro on the front.

But when I spin the wheel the medusa seems to twist over to one side around part of the wheel. The panaracer looks straight enough though.

Have I fitted it wrong? Is the tyre faulty? Does it matter?

Cheers,

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds like you have not seated the tyre beads correctly.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • try pumping it up to a higher pressure to seat the bead better. If not, take it off and start again......
  • loco020
    loco020 Posts: 15
    I let it down and moved the beads around on the rim before inflating again and it's a lot better thanks.

Now to see it it makes a difference on the muddy trails.
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    I always part pump up the tyre and give it a check for seating, pinching etc. That seems to work for me.

PS Wasn't the thrtead title a song by The Prodigy? :lol:
  • Banned!
    Banned! Posts: 34
    oh god, I remember leaving the barras after seeing the prodigy, a little drunk and whatnot, and dancing down to the gallowgate singing 'Im a self admitted... chronic mastubator..YEEAAH!!'

the police, luckily, saw the funny side and just told me to shut up and go home.
  • MarcBC wrote:
    PS Wasn't the thrtead title a song by The Prodigy? :lol:

LOL maybe i should change my name to that.