Is this nicked

STEFANOS4784
STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
edited February 2009 in The bottom bracket
Spotted this on the bay, lol seems funny, even though it's not a road bike i thought the board seemed quiet today.

Comments

• Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    I'm always dubious about anyone writing with such poor spelling and word selection. The fact that he doesn't know it's not a road raceing (sic) bike speaks volumes.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • akcc05
    akcc05 Posts: 336
    it's got be a nicked one in my opinion, the guy has no clue about year and size. should find a way to hunt him down!
  • pbracing
    pbracing Posts: 231
    Is there no photo with the listing so that anyone searching for their stolen bike can't identify it? :(
    Why not? My bikes.
    Summer & dry days
    http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47 ... /Trek1.jpg

Wet winter days & going the shops runaround
    http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47 ... rello1.jpg
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Look at his feedback. He sells lots of bikes.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Just checked, everything he sells seems pretty nickable :?
  • Way, way, way too dodgy. All the bikes that he has sold in the previous three months have been "reluctant" due to him "needing spacing". I think it stinks of the selling on of stolen goods, so I reported it to ebay. As Sirius has mentioned, the lack of grammar and spelling make the sale a little dubious.
  • Somewhat fishy, but lack of literacy isn't uncommon these days, with the standard of education in the UK.
    All his other auctions have photos, does seem to be selling quite a bit of kit and has got good feedback from selling gold & computer games.
    He appears to be very unlucky with non-paying bidders with his motorbike, the last one even left +ve feedback for his non-purchase too! :wink:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Is there any way of having the local police look at this seller to see if they can do anything? The police might be able to punish the guilty differently if they catch them using ebay rather than selling stolen stuff on a street corner. It could be interesting if Ebay was accused of assisting with selling stolen property. Maybe a recommendation would be to have ebay sellers list serial numbers before posting for sale.
  • CLAUD BUTLER LEVANTE PRO MB RACEING ROAD BIKE 99p NR 3 Bids £20.89 +£30.00 1h 10m
    SPECIALIZED ROCKHOPPER PRO MB RACEING ROAD BIKE 99p NR 4 Bids £22.00 +£30.00 1h 15m
    GIANT ROCK MOUNTAIN PRO MB RACEING ROAD SOLID BIKE 99p 11 Bids £19.00 +£30.00 1h 17m
    Carrera Crossfire 18” Frame Town Trail Bike con downhil 2 Bids £21.98 +£30.00 16h 20m
    down hill pro kona dawg primo bike fox float forks 99p 18 Bids £295.00 +£30.00 1d 2h 10m
    Saracen Mantra 1 mantra1 mb mountain jump trick bike

all being sold because

THIS Bike

IS THE ULTIMATE IN STRENTH AND PERFORMANCE

IN USED CONDITION

VERY RELIABLE SOLID STRONG BIKE

RELUCTANT SELL
  • Mithras
    Mithras Posts: 428
    I'll give the local bobby a ring and see if any of these come up as nicked.....
    Unless somebody lives in Taunton?
    I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    There are a couple of BR bods in the Taunton area and the seller says the bike is in Priorswood area.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Another one from him

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/down-hill-pro-kon ... %26ps%3D34
    Q: Hi mate will u take £500 for it cheers mike
    A: make it 650 its yours as its a 2 grand bike hardly used

Seems a bargain.
    I suppose it would be hardly used, what with all those other bikes you've sold...
    DEW TO PASSING MY TEST AND HAVE NOW GOT A CAR THIS IS NOT NEEDED
    THE ONLY THING THAT HAS CHANGED ON THIS BIKE FROM STANDARD IS THE WHEELS AND TYRES AS THEY WERE CHANGED FOR MY SONS SARRACEN WHEELS

The 'now passed test' bit sounds initially like it's a 17/18yr-old, but then it turns out he has a son....

Why would you put wheels from a Saracen onto a £2k Kona MTB ?
    THIS HAS BEEN RELISTED DEW TO A NONE PAYING BIDDER
    total time waster who finds it funny to bid with no intections of paying
    THE HOLE BIKES CONDITION IS VERY WELL LOOKED AFTER
    Took this beauty out to the shop today and i think it could do with a slight ajustment to the gear screw and the front hydrolic may need bleading dew to being stood around other than that it`s a beauty

i.e. took to bike shop but they wouldn't give him £650 for it, but pointed-out what was wrong with it ?

No, I won't bid

Of course, none of these might be nicked.
    Look at the other past sales - lots of gold jewellery, etc : maybe this guy is a loan shark's enforcer or fence, these are items taken in lieu of unpaid loans or something ?
  • Mithras
    :)
    Well done Cake stop
    :D
    More info to follow
  • Yeah cos you would replace that bike with a car.
    If you have that bike you use it for mtbing. Not nipping down the shops. The whole thing stinks like his other auctions.

Ebay is filled with this mess.

Disgusts me, that was someones pride and joy no doubt and he's sold it for £650!
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    The bike sold for £63 to someone with zero feedback - a friend, family, himself?

Nicked!
  • Mithras wrote:
    Well done Cake stop
    More info to follow

Any new info then plod?
  • Mithras
    Mithras wrote:
    Well done Cake stop
    More info to follow

Any new info then plod?

Soon i think