Castle Neroche

daraghpoynter
daraghpoynter Posts: 7
edited February 2009 in MTB rides
I'm thinking of making some proper trails up at Castle Neroche and was wondering if anyone would be interested? i live Near Chard, Somerset, approximately 3 miles from there. also looking for a local group of mountainbikers. i ride d/h, x/c, f/r. Travel isn't a problem. let me know.

Comments

• JonH
    JonH Posts: 24
    Hi mate

I'm in Tauton so close to Neroche, I'd be happy to help out if I can

I ride a bit of everything too, just got back into riding after a few years off so am mega unfit!
  • Cool. i'm a few miles outside chard. I know exactly what you mean, i used to race semi pro etc.. then got into cars and women and forgot about riding. Just bought a new marin attack trail 2 months ago. Do you go out often? i'm looking for some people to ride with up the quantocks etc.. everyone i used to ride with is off doing other things now. I'm up the quantocks most sat or sun mornings.
  • JonH
    Much the same situation for me, most of my old riding mates don't ride anymore or live somewhere else.

I go out as often as I can but my friend I usually ride with works a lot of weekends

I have a demo bike next weekend that I'd like to thrash on the quantocks

I should warn you I am very unfit, can only manage a few miles these days
  • ok sounds interesting, what demo bike is that? what are you currently riding?
  • JonH
    A Marin Wolf Ridge, its the 6.9 I think, I'm thinking of getting the 6.7

I currently ride a Kona Scab, used to race DH back in the day and bought the scab a couple of years ago to get me back into riding but only really been comitted the last couple of months
  • well if it helps, my attack trail is excellent, it's the 2008 model, great ride. Well happy. It doesn't look like they've changed the frame, It'll take a proper good thrashing.
  • JonH
    is the attack trail the same as the wolf ridge essentially with a different name?
  • yeah, the specs are pretty much the same, i've got full xt including discs. fox air rp23 shock with propedal, pike 454 fork, fsa cranks, mavic 719 rims. the frames are identical except colour and name!!
  • JonH
    cool, well will see what it rides like at the weekend

Gotta shoot now, let me know if you fancy going on the Quantocks on Saturday
  • I live in Chard for 6 months and did try to create some kind of loop at Neroche. The trouble I had was that it turned into a bog once winter hit. If you're gonna build something, it'll need to be well proofed against the weather. It did seem to have potential though.