Track Nuts

donaldinho
donaldinho Posts: 103
edited February 2009 in Road general
Can't believe how hard it is to get your mitts on track nuts!

I'm looking specificaly for some front axle nuts [m9]
that I can tighten with a 15mm ring spanner,

I've got mismatched 16mm fronts and 15mm backs at the moment
meaning I'm forced to carry about an adjustable spanner.

Does anyone know of anywhere online where I can get some 15mm fronts?

Thanks,

D

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Most LBS should be able to oblige with these. They were/are made by UCP amongst others though I think they've gone under the Cyclo/Weldtite umbrella now.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Thanks for your reply Redvee, I've been to 2 LBS here in Edinburgh so far and both had 16mm nuts. These will keep me rolling, but I'd ideally like 15s.

I don't think I'll make it out on the road bike this weekend, so I might just do a Tour-de-Edinburgh bike shops on the fixed wheel instead, see if I can pick any up. :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Try these, they have 9mm fronts and 10mm rears fom the same manufacturer so should be 15mm AF

http://www.twowheelsgood.co.uk/index.ph ... index.html

HTH.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Thanks very much Redvee, have ordered.
    Will let you know how I get on with those.

Have a great weekend! 8)
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    I paid through the nose (£9!) for Dura Ace track nuts from hubjub - well worth it though, still in great shape as they obviously use a good quality stainless steel so they're not the usual rust-fest after a few months.
  • Graham G wrote:
    I paid through the nose (£9!) for Dura Ace track nuts from hubjub - well worth it though, still in great shape as they obviously use a good quality stainless steel so they're not the usual rust-fest after a few months.

Ah, I saw those ones on HubJub, I'm sure they're great, out of stock at the moment though.
    Might upgrade to them if I'm feeling flush someday!

Cheers!
  • GarethPJ
    GarethPJ Posts: 295
    Something's just hit me about this thread that I somehow missed before. You have M9 track nuts that require a bigger spanner than your M10 track nuts? I've never come across that before. I thought the standard spanner size for the front nut was 14mm and the rear was 15mm.
  • mattsccm
    mattsccm Posts: 409
    I thought that as well but assumed it was just me.
  • Some hubs with track nuts I have are 15mm front and rear, some 14mm/15mm and some really old ones 1/4"WW and 5/16"WW. The Goldtecs are a 6mm Allen key
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.