Hello all

nevinkeville
nevinkeville Posts: 47
edited January 2009 in MTB beginners
I'm getting back into cycling after a long while out of the saddle (since I bought my first car). I am 32 and have just upgraded my bike from a GT Tequesta to a Boardman Team 08. I got it through the cycle to work scheme and managed to get, what I thought was a good bargain as I got the bike, car rack, helmet, and some flat pedals all for £700. I've not had the chance to get it muddy yet but have ridden it to and from work loads and I really like the riding position and the smoothness of the gearing. Also this is the first time I've had disc brakes and whooa don't they work well. I have enjoyed reading the comments on here and already have picked up a few pointers and I'm sure I will need plenty more in the future especially when I begin to ride offroad and start to break stuff (what with my large frame and lack of skill this is a given). Anyway I would be glad to hear your comments about my ride or any advice you may have for a newbie.

Cheers Kev.
Do or do not there is no try!

Boardman Team 08
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nevinkevil ... 440283935/

Comments

• Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Welcome to the forum Kev.

Got an 09 Team, just about broke it in properly. Are you running the Conti Speed King tyres? They tried to kill me today on the muddy trails, many people have said they aren't upto much.

I tried to find an 08 as it was a great price but couldnt find one so had to stump up for the 09. Good bike though, has many fans on here, everyone realises its great spec for the money.

Did you get it built up by Halfords? I steered clear of that and bought in a box...but im sure there are many good mechanics that work in Halfords.

Happy Riding.....oh and...we need pics or it didnt happen! :lol:
  • The tyres are Continental explorers and yes Halfords built. I've only had it a while and already had to go back and get brakes adjusted. Will prolly take it back for its first free service then it will b LBS or have a go myself. I haven't taken any pics as yet but when I do how do I go about loading them on here.

Cheers Kev.[/img]
    Do or do not there is no try!

Boardman Team 08
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nevinkevil ... 440283935/
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Host them somewhere, flickr or photobucket then get the URL and stick it between those two.
  • Welcome to the Forum!