Sram X5 X7 trigger shifter strip down SOLVED

tompug
tompug Posts: 227
edited September 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
as the title says really, I need to re-assemble a sram x-5 trigger. It decided to fall apart at the worst possible moment spreading itself across the floor.
Anyone got a diagram or even the faintest idea where the 2 bits go?

I have no idea if there should be more bits, or even if they belong to the trigger?

//EDIT now solved, images edited for future reference.

22012009158.jpg

22012009157.jpg

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    On the SRAM/AVID/rockshox webby there are exploded technical diagrams.

BWT the black blob is for removing the cables without taking the shifter to pieces, screws in opposite the barrel adjuster once the top cap is on.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    There's a rebuild guide here, it's for an X9 but the same concepts should apply?
    http://www.sicklines.com/tech/howto/sra ... r-rebuild/

Dave.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Oh and pleasure by the way :)
  • dirgi007
    dirgi007 Posts: 7
    Hi,

thanks for this wo year old thread.Very helpful.

I am going through the same process and am facing the same problem. Replacement cable will be bought tomorrow.

Can you tell me where exactly that black knob attaches to? On your photo, where would it be relative to, say, the left red circle? To the left of it? And how is this supposed to help replacing the cable without taking the whole thing apart? For I do not understand, and the sram manuals are silent on the X5s.

Thanks
  • Yonn
    Yonn Posts: 1
    Thank you Tompug. I ran into the same issue when trying to change both my shifter cables, and the pictures were helpful to understand how helpful it actually was to rebuild the damn thing :) Took me about 5mn... Cheers