SCR - The Album

2»

Comments

• Hell below zero !
    Hell below zero ! Posts: 59
    edited January 2009
    My White Bicycle by the group Tomorrow. This was released around 1967 and was one of the very first psychedelic records,best listened to on headphones.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=62yWU4ryrgI&feature
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Oh yes, I don't listen on the bike, but several that have been mentioned that I would choose...

Also:
    Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (this was always on in the gyms at University, so you can guess how old I am....)

And to confirm my age: The Shamen - Ebeneezer goode

I tend to find that when I am cycling I *do* have tunes going round my head,

Bellowhead - Jordan (in fact, a lot of Bellowhead, thanks to my kids' musical tastes).

and, thanks to my wife, (the Loudon Wainwright III version of the Good Ship Venus) :roll:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    jimmypippa wrote:

Also:
    Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (this was always on in the gyms at University, so you can guess how old I am....)

You know ever since I turned 20/21 I just couldn't relate to the song anymore. It used to be my dogma. It's now be replaced with 'You Know You're Right.'
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • chronyx
    chronyx Posts: 455
    symo wrote:
    The only track for it
    Freestylers - Fast Life

Added to the running playlist

'CHOON' as I belive the young-folk say. :lol:
    2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
    2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    This has always been a fave for early morning, warm summer rides. Kind of ironic, as I first heard it as part of the soundtrack from a snowboarding video game...
  • chronyx
    chronyx Posts: 455
    One of my all time favourite tracks 8)
    2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
    2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'
  • R34PER
    R34PER Posts: 193
    i'm shocked nobody has mentioned "come to daddy" by aphex twin great tune

also like bush personal holloway amazing to hear live, first band i ever saw :D

i also use the prodigy back catalogue on shuffle, silverchair, kings of leon, squarepusher, taskforce, braintax and oasis.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    That Hybrid track is vaguely reminiscent of Ozric Tentacles. A bit too trippy/chilled for full-on scalp-hunting, I'd have thought.

Will show my age now, but I can't resist thinking that Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast would be my first choice. AC/DC's Highway To Hell seems appropriate too.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    One of mine is 'blind' by Korn... another is 'run like hell' from The Wall.

RATM's stuff is good, as is early skunk anansie.

For pootling, my favourite would be moondance (van morrisson).

I've taken snowboarding music and applied it to cycling... I don't listen to music on the bike...

I'm impressed yet again...

selling jesus? little baby swastika?

Yeah, those two, and there's one on paranoid and sunburnt called 'so here I stand' that is just awesome, double time bridge is very impressive - that bassist is flea-good. Also that whole album has the greatest intros!

I also randomly like 'milk is my sugar'...
  • My White Bicycle by the group Tomorrow. This was released around 1967 and was one of the very first psychedelic records,best listened to on headphones.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=62yWU4ryrgI&feature

Neil from the Young Ones did a passable cover too - on "Neil's heavy concept album".
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    As an older person who doesn't know what you young things are on about I would have to go for

Motorhead - 'Ace of Spades'

Meatloaf - 'Bat out of Hell'

Wagner - 'Die Valkurie' - which incidently I also have as the ring tone on my mobile - strange but true - at least I think its strange and I know it's true :roll:

As a younger person who doesn't know what you young things are on about I would have to go for

Motorhead - 'Ace of Spades'

Meatloaf - 'Bat out of Hell'

Coldplay anyone? Crowded House? Midnight Oil?

There are some seriously strange songs on this thread... :shock:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."