John Muir Trail - East Lothian - Scotland

Twisterboy
Twisterboy Posts: 311
edited January 2009 in Routes
Hi all,

Has anybody done this?

I'm planning on doing this tomorrow in my time off work and just wondered if anybody had done this before.

David

Comments

• i think i done it about 12 years back was about 13 on my old apollo, is that from tyninghame to dunbar-ish, keep an eye on the tides i think theres a part of the path the tide covers when its high, beside the footbridge, adds about 20 minutes to your cycle. watch out for the doggers too
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • Counterculture - Thanks for the advice mate, I started riding from Fisherow harbour mate, and the paths up until the race course are ok, a mixture of path, grass, road and then it sort of ends and you have to do some guessing, once we found another track we headed over to leavenhall out towards prestonpans where I think they are making a new path behind the road which was just mud and sludge but really really good fun, then it's a mixture of pavement and road for bikers and then the trail starts again running along the coast with a nice wee path which climbs up (really good for downhill racing if you mind the dogs running out to meet you) and eventually brings you out near to the seaton sands holiday park.

The fact is was a nice day and felt warm made it even more better.

Our next target is to get to Longniddry, then to Gullane before we hit North Berwick where I think we train it back from there.

Davy[/img]
  • when they summer hits you can get to north berwick and back easy enough, i wouldnt recommend it at the moment but its doable in the nicer weather
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • Thats the plan for the summer like, I went out today towards Whitecraig on the bike using the inveresk river route and that was hard work in places and very muddy :lol::lol:

Davy