another newbie to the forum

nailer
nailer Posts: 13
edited January 2009 in MTB beginners
:D hi there,another newbie just saying hello,i am new to mtb and am looking at doing a bit of dh and xc for fitness mainly and adrenalin of course,rode motocross for yrs and am sick to death of the broken bones,{not that this will help the crash addiction} :D ive owned a nice xc a brian rourke with boxxers on the front and a few added bitts,had a mid life crisis and went and brought a commencal supreme dh mini so looking forward to a bit of dh,do any of you lot ride round the mids if so could anyone point in the right direction,cheerz ill keep intouch with the crash diaries :lol::lol: atb nailer
MAD FOR IT
COMMIE D/H SUPREME MINI-08
STILL CANT STAY ON

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Hi

If you're planning on crashing (and I wouldn't recommend it) get some nice comfy pads like the 661 Kyle Strait pads. At the very least they're good for boosting confidence.

Build up slowly, nothing like a big crash to knock your confidence - despite all that get out there and enjoy it and there are much worse ways to have a mid life crisis :lol:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • nailer
    cherz for the welcome m8 im gonna give it a good go,the pads sound good but ill wait till i find out where it all going on round this way,dont want to turn up at the local woods looking like a 661 stormtrooper, :lol: :oops: soon as i find out though ill be donnin the gear,reminds me of a green lane nightmare about 5 yrs ago flat out on my cr 250 {no helmet}bang you can guess what happened next :cry::cry:
    MAD FOR IT
    STILL CANT STAY ON
  • Hello and welcome to Bikeradar Nailer.

David
  • Welcome to the Forum!
  • nailer
    nice to be here thanks for all the welcomes,cant wait till sat gonna get out on the bike and do a bit :twisted:
    MAD FOR IT
    STILL CANT STAY ON
  • nailer
    WELL ITS SUNDAY NOW TOOK THE BIKE TO SHERWOOD FOREST YESTERDAY AND LOVED IT,RIDES LIKE A DREAM,ROLLS ALONG LUSH,GOOD ALLROUND BIKE,EASY TO GET GOING AND STOPS ON ABUTTON.THE MISSUS HAS GOT HER EYE ON IT SHE COULDNT STOP WHEELYING THE THING,QUIET EMBARASSING BEINGS I CANT DO THEM HA HA.WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND DID A FEW MILES XC CANT WAIT TILL NEXT WKEND ROLL ON,YOU NEVER KNOW MIGHT TRY A JUMP HA HA :shock:
    MAD FOR IT
    STILL CANT STAY ON
  • Banned!
    Banned! Posts: 34
    sweet. well done on getting round the trails. never mind about looking like a stormtrooper by the way. better that than a number in the A&E waiting room.
  • nailer
    :lol::lol: the force is definatly with me m8,dreaming about the sh-- now aaaaggghhhh :lol::lol:
    MAD FOR IT
    STILL CANT STAY ON