North Cornwall Tor - 2009

kilotogo
kilotogo Posts: 29
By popular request we've arranged for some recce rides - completely informal. February 8th and 15th 10am at the event HQ - The Dragon Centre, Lostwithiel Road, Bodmin Cornwall. 3 rides of 50 miles steady, 30 miles steady and 30 miles leisurely. Just gives you a 'Taste of the Tor' - not as tough as the genuine article in April. The organising team will be on hand and riding for more info on the Tor if needed. More details if needed from the Dragon Centre on 01208 75715.

No formalies, fuss or fees - just turn-up and enjoy a sociable Tor-taster ride in stunning North Cornwall countryside.

The 2009 North Cornwall Tor raises cash for CLICsargent www.northcornwalltor.co.uk

Comments

• wastrel
    wastrel Posts: 55
    I'm in for the 50 mile recce's - looking to gain 25mins and get below 7hr this year - some chance! :)
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    his sounds quite interesting.

I will try to make at least one date.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • FSR_XC
    I guess it'll be on this weekend no matter the weather?
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

• Knowing Geoff it'll be on! I'm going :)
  • Due to the white-out in the West country we are cancelling the 8th Feb recce ride - but ready for action again the following Sunday 15th Feb.

Many of the smaller roads are currently still blocked!

(sorry Wastrel, we were all up for it but we want to keep things safe)
  • FSR_XC
    I knew I should have looked on here before going yesterday!

• I guess you were one of the bunch that went for a spin anyway - not bad between the rain showers :)
    Well, better than Friday, when snow forced a tactical retreat off the moors.
  • Well done to the riders who "Tasted the Tor" on Sunday 15th. In excess of 60 riders took part. Due to the popularity we have another arranged for Sunday 15th March. Different route. No fuss, no fee just turn up. Drink and cake again for all Tor-tasters.

You can see how how people coped with Sunday's ride at the Tor web-site or the KILO TO GO website with our short video.

Dragon Centre, BODMIN, Lostiwithiel Road, Cornwall 10am start - 15th March.
  • kilotogo
    kilotogo Posts: 29
    We've got some more recce rides - or 'Tor tasting sessions' this weekend. - March 15th 10am at the event HQ - The Dragon Centre, Lostwithiel Road, Bodmin Cornwall. 3 rides of 50 miles steady, 30 miles steady and 30 miles very leisurely. More details if needed from the Dragon Centre on 01208 75715. Again, no formalies, fuss or fees - just turn-up and enjoy a sociable Tor-taster ride in stunning North Cornwall countryside.

Just 5 weeks away from the genuine article so if you are thinking about entering it might be wise to do so very soon (600 entries so far for what past riders are telling us is the toughest UK sportive)

The 2009 North Cornwall Tor raises cash for CLICsargent.
    Details www.northcornwalltor.co.uk and www.kilotogo.com