Yet another thread about buying what bike to buy!

dataapp
dataapp Posts: 13
edited January 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi all,

Just registered. Have spent far too much time looking around this great forum over the last couple of days trying to find out info about which bike to buy, so any advice would be gratefully received, as like many others I am now even more confused.

The one thing I have really picked up is how a bike feels.

I have visited numerous bike shops in the last couple of weeks with no luck. Did not like, and was not comfortable on the Saracen trace 2 or any of the Specialized rockhoppers, Comp or expert, or a Cannondale

Yesterday stumbled into a bike shop and found an new 08 P7S, loved the bike, was really comfortable. (Came close bought it there and then), Logic making me think about it a little bit more. The thing I am wondering now is do I get this or do a 200 mile round trip to my nearest Cube dealer? Are they worth it, and are they good bikes

I haven't tried one but I am very impressed with the spec of the Acid and the LTD Comp 09. They are in the same price bracket as the P7

The key thing for me at the moment is the fact that the P7 has a steel frame. I live by the coast and salt air gets into everything, the slightest chip or paint crack and rust will set in,

Hope you can give me some pointers or reviews on Cube and Orange or more advice in general.

Thanks

Andy