hello every one

maxdog
maxdog Posts: 6
edited January 2009 in MTB beginners
hi ya

been years since i was in to bikes :oops: , but late last year i found running my dog next to a bike made it easyer to tyir him out 8) as walking him takes hours (coli x cocker spainual)
so my mate gave me a bike and its started from there the bike i was using was old and needed sorting out so last week i picked up a full sus bike and when its raining i have been sorting it out think i have got a bit carryed away but here are some pics

looked like this when i got it

Photo-0053.jpg

then it rained so i got it ready for painting also took the front forks apart and sorted them out (i think you guys call it servicing them)
readyforpaint.jpg

with 3 coats of primer and 2 of paint (have added onther 3 coats since picture) it looks like this
CIMG2123.jpg

CIMG2150.jpg
dog in the back ground asleep the bike is sort of for :lol:

that is my progress so far i also have 2 other bikes i will be sorting out after this one gives me some thing to do on wet days when i can't work on my cars and the bigest thing is keeps me off ebay :lol:

i'll stop boring you all now sorry for the bad spelling

:oops:

Comments

• robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    I deduce from this thread that you are;

A. Single
    B. Gay and your partner is into bikes
    C. Your wife/ girlfiend is away

Nice paint job by the way, should've done your tumble drier at the same time :wink:

I'm off to show the mrs your photo's and insist that all bike maintenance MUST be done indoors from now on!
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Danlube
    Danlube Posts: 454
    Wish I could work inside like that :cry:
    Kona Tanuki Deluxe
  • maxdog
    :lol: not gay, have girl friend, not under the thumb, my house,

is what the pictures say

i did spray the bits out side but brought them in to dry in front of the heater 8)
    i lurnt if you spray inside it covers things in a fin mist took me age4s last time to clean that mistake up :(

just been doing the front brake caliper as forks are black i was going to do a small bit of it yellow :? hope it turns out ok
  • Welcome to the Forum!

you have done some nice work to that bike allready :D the paint changes alot
  • maxdog
    thanks for the welcome muddy ball

i can't wate to get it looking like a bike again insted of a pile of bits i have to wate 24 hours for the paint to harden or tho to be safe i am wating 48 so should be putting it back together friday :D untill then i will keep getting asked "why have you got that frame hanging in the front room mate" :lol:

wile i am wating i am going to leave the chain to soke in car diesel oil to try and clean it up (very rust at the mo) any other ways i no coke is good at cleaning things any one tryed it?

then next mishion is to get my friend to sell me her clord butler she has sitting in her shed as i remember back in the day they were a good bike and the one she has is alloy frame ajustable front sus that i want to have a go a servicing