Footwear

3110neil
3110neil Posts: 303
edited January 2009 in MTB beginners
hi
im after some footwear,ive got flat pedels on bike .
any infom on what to buy ,havnt got a great some to spend ,thanks

Comments

• OwenB
    OwenB Posts: 606
    A lot of people recommend 5-10s which go out at about £60 and seem to be the best rated shoes for flat pedals.
    I can't afford them so ended up getting some Nike Air Whistler think I got them for £20 and they look ok and perform pretty well.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/nike/air-whistler-shoes-ec010514?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I just got a pair of 5-10 Basics, I recommend you just get random skate shoes, I preferred my old Vans- they were comfier, and still gave more than enough grip. The 5-10s are massively grippy, it just doesn't add anything if other shoes are grippy enough. But not everyone will agree, a common refrain here is "Once you've felt the 5-10s grip you'll never go back". Just did thanks :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • 3110neil
    3110neil Posts: 303
    thanks guys
    im just going to get some vans ,or flat sole trainers ,cheers
    owen were did you get the nike from for £20 ,ive looked on the link for evans ,£40,
    and done a search but comeing up with nothing
  • vans are pretty good for flat pedals the best shoes to get if you are on a budget
  • OwenB
    OwenB Posts: 606
    I got them from JE James, seems like they're sold out of them now though mate, and to be honest I think if I were going to pay the price they are on Evans I'd make up the difference to a set of 5-10s
  • welcome to the forum
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    shimano mp56.

plenty grip...really comfy....£40.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • A pair of old DC's for me, work like a treat. I like the look of the sixsixone filter trainer though.
  • Banned!
    Banned! Posts: 34
    skate or bmx shoes all the way. vans are good but they can be slippy on concrete. dc are the best but they can be a bit spendy.

go have a look in TK Maxx or Schuh coz they have a sale on and you can get a decent pair of DC's for about £25
  • rhysduk
    rhysduk Posts: 138
    Welcome to the forum (I think).

I've got a pair of these > Click me!
    and they're SUPERB! :D For flat pedals.

Possibly out of your price range? Although the basic five tens (5-10) are just as awesome. I have a pair of Vans that are quite good too. Rhys
    PP Shan & Intense SS2