TDU Cancer Counsil Classic

richard wants a baum
edited January 2009 in Pro race
McEwens already started the year bettter than last. Ive yet to see footage of the finish but did he get a lead out? or did he do his usual solo effort? Good to see that the leading story from last night is the attendance with his majesty coming in a close second :wink: Intresting that Greipel was fourth, maybe not running so hot so early this year.
Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.

Comments

• having said that the report of the race goes something like Lance finished in the middle of the peloton, McEwen won the stage :roll:

found this interview its sherwan so dont expect any hard hitting questions

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/
  • I haven't seen it, but I'd guess he followed Columbia's early lead, then jumped onto whoever's wheel was available at the time. I can't see him having that much of a lead out.
    I may be wrong, though.
    Yes, he must be pleased, considering last season's thinner than usual pickings.
    Quite a fast stage, to kick off, as I understand it?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    think columbia lost speed a bit with about 250 to go and greipel got boxed in slightly. good win for mcewen though and that milram sprinter in his first pro race looked very fast
  • Good finish by McEwen, he used the Columbia Duval (!) lead out train to his advantage and nipped over the line.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Glued himself to Greipel's wheel and then popped out for the win. Never liked him but his ability to be in the right place at the right time and on the right wheel is brilliant.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Just a shame we missed the last 100m because some dork stuck his big head right in front of the camera!

Nice ride by Wim Stroetinga too. Not bad for your first ever day riding for a pro team.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Just a shame we missed the last 100m because some dork stuck his big head right in front of the camera!

Nice ride by Wim Stroetinga too. Not bad for your first ever day riding for a pro team.

Was cooking dinner while i was watching the highlights almost threw the cottage pie at the TV. Katusha had a lead out going for awhile but seemed to just get pushed aside by Columbia, theyll have to work on that come July.