Pitch comp

Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper Posts: 420
edited January 2009 in MTB beginners
Just wondering what the pitch comp would be more suited to. I ride alot of Xc and also quite a bit up Afan. Is this bike over the top for this or i am i better off going for a rock hopper pro.

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Pitch might be a little OTT, unless you want to progress to more hardcore riding than just XC riding, It's designed as a hardcore trail (AM) bike.

Have a test ride on one & you might like it though.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    If it's specialized bikes you like, the FSR XC is the more XC oriented equivalent of the Pitch and is very well rated.
  • The Pitch is a great bike, my mate has one. Think of it as a Specialized Enduro 'Lite'.

It's probably a bit overkill for XC riding, but if the Glentress Spooky Wood type of thing floats your boat then it's ideal.
  • Hello

I currently own a Rockhopper Disc Pro & it's fab!! Flys uphills and makes you grin going down the other side. Been riding it for 2yrs & would recommend, I'm 6'4" & ride a 21 inch frame. Only changes I've made are upgrading the drive train to XT & putting different tyres on it as the originals weren't great in the sticky stuff. I ride regularly 20+ miles xc around where I live & I've riden my DP at Sherwood and Dalby and it was great. If your wanting to do more 'extreme' stuff then the Pitch may be more your bag - I'm currently trying to convince the wife that I 'need' a Pitch Pro or a Trek Fuel ex08 - purely so I've got a hardtail & a full sus you understand!!!

Good luck with the decision - remember if possible try before you buy.

Regards
    Phil
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    If it's specialized bikes you like, the FSR XC is the more XC oriented equivalent of the Pitch and is very well rated.
    Indeed it is. It also has almost 5in of travel so will be able to handle a fair bit of DH as well as the XC.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.