Viking Torino...any good ?

mangizmo
mangizmo Posts: 39
edited January 2009 in Road beginners
Hi Folks, I am a keen cyclist of many years,, I have bought a couple of cheap VIKING branded bikes recently, and have been amazed at how good they are for the money....the one that really amazed me was the Viking Saratoga alloy tandem...under £300.00 and it has proved to be excellent, that really was a bargain, and has proved to be just as good as our previous TREK tandem
Anyway, I bought a Viking Ajaccio hybrid with carbon forks for £225, and that too is excellent, and is what I am using on fast club runs just now (just started with a club again), but its not quite right for the job...I want a road bike (my first ever)
I need a road bike to keep up really, and I noticed that Viking sell a very cheap road bike that looks reasonable....please have a look at this and give your opinion, I was lookng at a Giant Defy...but its £675.00....quite a difference !....do you guys think that this discount road bike is acceptable....the other Vikings I have bought have been good (is the Giant worth all that extra cah ?)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Viking-Torino-56c ... 240%3A1318

Thanks in advance

Comments