My Planet X Just Arrived

2»

Comments

• NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    alfablue wrote:
    Hey, at last NW :D

I think all drop bar bikes will feel twitchy after flats.

I agree about the brakes, but I improved the performance by fitting Koolstop Salmon pads. They are fine now. The Tektro pads seem to be a bit hard.

I also changed my cassette to a 12-27 (I'm a wimp) but find I can manage everything I could do on the triple. The light bike and wheels compensate for the higher gearing.

I hope you enjoy it!

where did you get your koolstops from? gotta link?
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    NWLondoner wrote:
    gkerr4 wrote:
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Hey look my photo is now updated.

No more flat pedals 8)

yeah - but you've put MTB pedals on now..

next to go is that massive sofa-sized saddle!

(Glad you like it really!)

LOL no pleasing you is their :D

Don't knock my saddle. it's the most comfortable i've ever had. I will probably get a Spec Toupe at some stage.

Speedplay pedals may also be on my list. I just like the idea of the concealed cleats on the SPD's.

i'm only lessing with ya mate - it;s a great looking bike and you seem pretty pleased with it so thats the main thing - enjoy

(even that dodgy looking saddle!)
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    The emu wrote:
    Yeah change that saddle, your crotch will thank you for it if you ride anything beyond 10ks.

Nice bike but.

What you talking about Willis!? Dont listen to him. That saddle is fine - once you have spent a few hours on it, its softens up nicely - I can ride hours on mine without discomfort. Just cos you ride a Fizik Arione razorblade! ;)

Signed Black Planet-X owner
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    When I got my P-X I was sure the seat would get swapped out for something more comfy, but I tried it and much to my surprise it was comfier than my Spesh ones, so I bought a second one for my other road bike! Give it a try, it might suit you.
  • NWLondoner
    I switched over my saddle as my current one is not only comfy but the design and cut out is "supposed" to increase blood flow to the important parts.

However, this morning my Perineum feels like it has been scratched by Le Chiffre :shock:

I may have to switch it back over to the PX which is a shame as it was a right sod to change the saddle on this seat post to begin with :x
  • ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,other sections when my legs had gone. I can't judge yet whether the 12-25 is suitable for me for large climbs as i cocked up the gear changes so many times getting up that hill i will have to see next time :oops: (Thanks Tim for being there as i would have thrown in the towel had i been be myself LOL )

No worries..........it is an awesome bike, thanks for meeting up and letting me try it for size, ordered mine on Sat, been researching bikes for months, took the plunge and beat the shimano hike................looks as if P-X is going to be making a strong showing in Richmond park this summer............
    Rides:
    Planet X FSA Carbon
    Dawes Giro 400
    + 2 Bromptons...;)
  • NWLondoner
    andrew40 wrote:
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,other sections when my legs had gone. I can't judge yet whether the 12-25 is suitable for me for large climbs as i cocked up the gear changes so many times getting up that hill i will have to see next time :oops: (Thanks Tim for being there as i would have thrown in the towel had i been be myself LOL )

No worries..........it is an awesome bike, thanks for meeting up and letting me try it for size, ordered mine on Sat, been researching bikes for months, took the plunge and beat the shimano hike................looks as if P-X is going to be making a strong showing in Richmond park this summer............

did you go for the ultegra or FSA build??

make a change to all the specialized and treks that you see.

Just hope this snow buggers off before the weekend.
  • FSA.............couldn't resist it, convinced myself I would be saving money if I ordered it at the weekend before shimano uplift, some kind of perverse logic......works for me...............unlikely to be with me before weekend so will be out on trusty Dawes............I think for its first outing it deserves a magnificent sunrise over Richmond park, with no traffic...........
    Rides:
    Planet X FSA Carbon
    Dawes Giro 400
    + 2 Bromptons...;)
  • NWLondoner
    good luck explaining that logic to the wife LOL

I want to give mine a good spin up watling street to Luton this Saturday. Although i'm not going to risk it if snow/ice is forecast!!!
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    felgen wrote:
    The emu wrote:
    Yeah change that saddle, your crotch will thank you for it if you ride anything beyond 10ks.

Nice bike but.

What you talking about Willis!? Dont listen to him. That saddle is fine - once you have spent a few hours on it, its softens up nicely - I can ride hours on mine without discomfort. Just cos you ride a Fizik Arione razorblade! ;)

Signed Black Planet-X owner

Hey don't diss the Fizik. :lol:

Felgen, either you've got one hard ar$e and flattened yours out to an ordinary seat or your looking at a different pic because that is one spongy looking seat I'm seeing in the photo.

The long grazed legged one