RP Training Group Surrey Hills Ride 17th/18th Jan

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Sorry for the delay on this one! My guess would be that Sun, 9am, Richmond Gate will become the 'weapon of choice' again here, but the poll is there so cast your vote and we'll see what the score is! 8)

Once again I'm planning to race at Hillingdon on Sat as I'm running out of time to get a planned top ten finish in the 4th Cat race! I also plan to join the Prologue ride on Sunday this weekend as I bailed on that last weekend and really do want to get around to it sooner rather than later (so yes, once again I'm organising a ride I may not be attending!).

Newbies are more than welcome as ever, and I'm sure any bail-out routes could be considered for those not wanting to pound lots of miles or join us for the full distance. Last week was a record turn-out (with a grand total of 7!) but that reduced to 5, then 6, then back to 5 again along the way!

Who's in? 8)

Comments

• RC21
    RC21 Posts: 166
    Depending on the girlfriend and her leg; i'll try and make it for Sunday. I'll let you know nearer the time

Thanks
    Ryan
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Either is good for me this week - wife is away for the w/e... The batteries for my new lights turned up this morning as well, so I might even get a couple of training rides in this week.

Which means.... I might not bail :-)
  • Rich-Ti
    Hmmm, this worries me - rain expected Sat night and -1 degrees Sunday... up for it Wilf?! :lol: :shock:
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Enjoy the ride - I'll be playing in the snow so no show from me
    icon_snowHead.gif
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    I am unsure if I can make it this weekend regrettably - once we got going last weekend I really enjoyed it, but I would quite fancy trying a flat route this time and keeping the pace up like on the return from Box Hill.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Could be low on numbers this weekend then...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rich-Ti
    Low traffic on here this week - reckon it now depends on how my Saturday pans out as I'm going to the rugby at Twickers followed by drinks and a meal.

If I'm still capable of getting out of bed at a respectable time on Sunday (and riding a bike!) I might do the Prologue run this weekend. Otherwise I might do a slightly later Windsor loop or a few laps of the Park...
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Rugby, drinks? You can write your Sunday off now ;)
    I know what you mean, but it'll actually be quite a civilised crowd so there's a good chance of making it out reasonably sober! :lol:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I'm heading out on the MTB with some others (blasphemous I know) on saturday, then got family stuff on sunday which involves going to the airport at 5:30am :shock:

I might do a couple of RP laps on sunday arvo, but can't confirm till the day..
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Hmm, weather clearing for Sunday ...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/dorking_forecast_weather.html

I might make the effort yet, actually.

Was anyone else up for a ride?
    Prologue? Or maybe something setting off mid-morning rather than 9am? Just a thought...
  • Rich-Ti
    Keep me posted with your decision - might try and tag along unless tomorrow night does get too messy! Worst case can send a text early Sunday to confirm / cancel either way (i.e. if tomorrow night gets too messy!).
  • Rich-Ti
    Just the Guiness for me! :lol::wink:
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    phips wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Prologue? Or maybe something setting off mid-morning rather than 9am? Just a thought...

Hmm, not such a bad one. I'm also contemplating doing a proper club run - maybe Dynamos? I really want to join a club and could do with 'test riding' my top two.

Dynamos? :shock: Wipe your mouth out with soap and water :lol:

Apologies for late response, have been all over the place this week and both my laptop and crackberry has died so electronic communication has been limited.

My knee's still a bit swollen but might go for a roll in the park tomorrow afternoon weather and missus permitting.

The long grazed legged one
  • london-red
    It's looking increasingly like a no show tomorrow then... If no one's up for it tomorrow am then I'll probably pop out in the afternoon - the forecast looks better. Otherwise, I'm still happy to brave the early morning and surrey hills.
  • felgen
    Looks like nothing happening then - have fun on your respective rides. I will almost certainly be going out, though it will be a flattish 80 miler for me! :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    Looks like nothing happening then - have fun on your respective rides. I will almost certainly be going out, though it will be a flattish 80 miler for me! :D
    Where to and who with and when?!! I've drunk too much to do anything early, but otherwise let me know! :roll: :lol:
  • felgen
    Yep - weatherman was a bit off I am looking at a cloudless sky, and its pretty much dry so am definitely riding. Rich I will be leaving early though as I have to get to Henley and back as early as possible. I was going on my own-as I have to do a little job at the other end before coming back and I am leaving asap i.e. in the next few minutes.

What happened to the prologue ride? Enjoy the hangover!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • london-red
    Ah, shame that today didn't work out. I'm heading into Surrey in the next hour do at least have a go at braving the wind and the hills. I looks like it will be bloody hard work on the way out at least...
  • Rich-Ti
    I'm planning to hit the park around 3ish if anyone is still up for a quick late spin
  • Rich-Ti
    Happy birthday buddy - enjoy your boarding!
  • felgen
    Ah, dammit, I didn't get to ride at all in the end today, which really peed me off. The final straw after several mishaps trying to get out of the house was when I turned on the bike computer and it said 'low battery' by which time I knew I was not going to have time to ride to Henley and back.

Anyway I have just watched the Tour Down Under in HD, which made me feel a little better.

until next time... though I might not be able to make it until february now
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • lock
    lock Posts: 32
    hello rich,tony from crawley,how you doing,remember im always about for midweek rides,it takes me about an hour to ride to boxhill ,do you know if you can get point for your 09 liscence at the winter series,ive got a mate who goes a bit on the road and has moved to the city and hes looking for riders,how you getting on with the training bible,

hope ive got the right person :roll:
    tony
  • Rich-Ti
    Hey Tony, yup, right person dude!

I'm good - got a 95k ride in today including Boxhill so well pleased with that. Will try to remember to give you a shout next time I'm doing anything mid-week although I never know enough about work to plan too far ahead at the mo.

As far as I know points are awarded at the Winter Series - I've still only done one so far but hoping to get to at least one more before they stop.

Training bible is interesting, if a little hard going! Some useful info though.

You'll have to drop me a line if you're ever in London for a weekend ride too mate!

8)