anyone up for a ride in peaks or dales on sunday 18th jan

altern_8
altern_8 Posts: 1,562
edited January 2009 in MTB rides
me bro and our mate are looking at a ride on sunday,dont know what we will be doing yet,hopefully post 2mor night which we are doing......looking for sumthing with a few good downhills,and hopefully nothing to bad going up......looking at doing about 15-20 miles depending on how hard/easy route is,as mate aint been out for 6 months till yesterday with us(dalby 11th jan),so he bailed out with a couple of miles to go,lol

looking at these at moment>Dark Peak; Hathersage Circuit, 18 Mile. Stanage 18 Mile.
White Peak; Linacre Classic, 16.5 Mile.
South Dales; West of Kirkby Malzeard, 18 Mile. West Marsham-Nidderdale, 18 Mile. Grassington-Mastiler Lane, 19 Mile.
North Dales; Castle Bolton & Apedale Road (with a bit of Sth of Reeth & Apedale Road thrown in), 17 Mile.

Comments

• Altern 8> Anyone doing Moors/Dales or Peaks on Sunday?

Think we might need to narrow it down a bit our kid, that just about covers the whole of the North of England..... :wink:
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Did you go? Any good?

I was clearing out the loft :cry:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • altern_8
    Rich9 wrote:
    Did you go? Any good?

I was clearing out the loft :cry:

now then mate,you will be glad you didnt come and stayed in youre loft,lol

we did castle bolton/appedale road,took us a hour and half to do first 5 miles,it was really boggy and hard going,even tho we was in granny gear it felt as tho you was in top gear,we had sun/rain/sleet then snow and it was blowing a gale when we got to the top for the downhill sections,and when we was going down the downhill sections we had to turn our legs as our top speed was 8 miles a hour,last time we did it during summer we was hitting 20 miles a hour,thats how strong the wind was mate......we actually enjoyed going up the first climb on road,coming down the other side on road was a laugh,it was very icy in places,i still hit 38 miles a hour on the road section leading to appedale road tho,beat brothers top speed,lol,nd then going up the appedale road,i pushed my bike as the wind was that strong it was quicker to walk then to ride,lol,the final downhill section back into castle bolton was really water logged and boggy,so we aint going to do it again till summer,its a good ride as long as it aint doing all of the above weather wise mate......

we are looking at going to sherwood forest on sunday,but then again we might change our minds,lol,as ive read a post on here saying its really boggy and muddy and not that good to ride......ill post some pics mate on here,lol

18012009069.jpg

18012009070.jpg

18012009071.jpg

18012009072.jpg

18012009073.jpg

18012009074.jpg
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    Awesome pictures - I can't say I'd have enjoyed it too much though. I hate it when the conditions slow you down. I especially hate really muddy rides, you just can't get going.

Bring on the drier weather I say!
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    bloody hell. looks awesome, but i think i was in the right place!!
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • altern_8
    Awesome pictures - I can't say I'd have enjoyed it too much though. I hate it when the conditions slow you down. I especially hate really muddy rides, you just can't get going.

Bring on the drier weather I say!

cheers for that mate.....like i said,it was very hard going.......and for 2 mountain bikers to actually be glad to get to a road says it all :cry:
  • altern_8
    Rich9 wrote:
    bloody hell. looks awesome, but i think i was in the right place!!

like i said mate,it is a good ride,but just not when it is boggy under that snow covering,or blowing a gale.....would of been good if it was frozen ground under tyres,prob do this again during the warmer months tho,as there are 4 good downhill sections to do.......