Focus Bike - Concept saddle, Is it a Charge Spoon?

hothead
hothead Posts: 123
edited January 2009 in Road beginners
Hi,

I posted about the charge spoon and before I get one am a little worried as the saddle I was thinking of replacing looks a bit like the spoon. Its a Concept SL that came with my Focus Varido Expert, its made by VELO like the Charge spoon so dont want to waste money for the same saddle. So before I buy one, do you think it could be the same saddle??? :oops:

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    it probably is yes - also the same as the std saddle that came with my langster - the specialized 'sport' or something - both have VELO on the base.

(i did actually change the saddle for a spoon - but only becuase I m a bike tart and wanted a brown one to go with the bike!)

(i also got the matching charge bar tape in brown too - oh the shame...)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I have the Brown Spoon - for less than £20 - its fantastic. As comfy as the saddle that cost £80 !
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    cougie wrote:
    I have the Brown Spoon - for less than £20 - its fantastic. As comfy as the saddle that cost £80 !

not sure i'd go that far!

it's not a patch on the Toupe on my other bikes - i couldn't stand it for much longer than an hour - too much padding - too squidgy.

it's ok on my fixed as i only use that for short blasts - and of course, it was brown along with the paint!