WANTED - an Islabike ROTHAN ?!

andrew wynne
andrew wynne Posts: 2
Does anyone have one for sale, looking to get my little one started for the first time !

Comments

• simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Does anyone have one for sale, looking to get my little one started for the first time !
    Don't know if you're still looking, but I have one for sale.

Photos here.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    I have got to ask, what is the difference between that and a regular bike without bottom bracket?
  • simon_e
    fnegroni wrote:
    I have got to ask, what is the difference between that and a regular bike without bottom bracket?
    Not quite sure what you mean. A regular bike would surely have a BB.

My daughter started on the Rothan before she was 3. There's no way I'd have got her pedalling and balancing at that age, but she could scoot along happily on this.
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    I meant, buy a normal bike and take the bottom bracket out... you are left with an empty bottom bracket shell.

When she is ready to go to pedals, just fit the bottom bracket back in the shell.
  • simon_e
    If you can find a bike small enough, with suitable sized grips etc then it's more or less the same.
  • NFMC
    NFMC Posts: 232
    The Rothan also has no brakes and is very light.

I'm a huge fan....my three year old still whizzes about on it.
  • simon_e
    I have uploaded a comparison with the next model up, the Cnoc 14.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12461088@N00/3320433256/

The Cnoc is a pretty small bike, but even with the Rothan's seat post raised right up it's still quite a bit lower than the Cnoc. Ditto handlebar height and reach. If your child is too small for something like the Cnoc but you want to get them started then the Rothan or a similar likeabike is IMHO the way to go.

The latest version of the Rothan has a rear brake.