Help??

Cosmo040180
Cosmo040180 Posts: 65
edited January 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi All,

I have a Carrera Banshee x

I am having a problem attaching my lighting brackets as the bars are the riser type. I remember seeing a few bikes a while ago with a support like bar accross the top of them can somebody please tell me what these are called and where I may get one from??

a pic is below

Riser%20Positions.JPG

cheers

Comments

• sorry just to clarify its a separate bar I am after

cheers

John
  • Banned!
    Banned! Posts: 34
    the bars that stretch over a riser bar (cant remember what theyre called off the top of my head) are for extra support in case of a crash and really arent suitable for mounting lights on, theyre far too thin. you should be able to put the lighting bracket on near the shifters and slide it down a bit. it wont be on straight but it will stay on.
  • The brackets i have should adjust small enough to fit on a thin bar. even if they don't I can use tape or something as long as they are straight as no matter what way I mount them at the moment they either shine off to the left or right
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Insulating tape will not be wide enough for the amount you need to apply to the bars. I have a Trans-X brace bar at home which is hexagonal in section and thicker than other brace bars but with a bit of inner tube should be better than wrapping a roll of insluating tape around the bar.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee wrote:
    Insulating tape will not be wide enough for the amount you need to apply to the bars. I have a Trans-X brace bar at home which is hexagonal in section and thicker than other brace bars but with a bit of inner tube should be better than wrapping a roll of insluating tape around the bar.

Cheers Redvee,

I have wrapped a section of innertube and adjusted the bracket for the light so it now points straight and where I want it too

A semi tempary measure but it works for now :)