Frustrated!! Yorkshire Bike ride planned but fozen roads!!

Tino4444
Tino4444 Posts: 281
Hi all,

Just thought Id come on here for a moan!!

I have been looking forward to a 50 mile ride this weekend (today) but the roads are white over with frost!! :evil:

Its sods law that all week while I have been sat at my desk the roads have been safe with no ice, until Saturday that is when I want to get on my bike!!

Did anyone else have a ride planned today and has had to cancel?
Speciallized Allez 09...great bike shame about the wheels!!

Comments

• bluecow
    bluecow Posts: 306
    Tino4444 wrote:
    Hi all,

Just thought Id come on here for a moan!!

I have been looking forward to a 50 mile ride this weekend (today) but the roads are white over with frost!! :evil:

Its sods law that all week while I have been sat at my desk the roads have been safe with no ice, until Saturday that is when I want to get on my bike!!

Did anyone else have a ride planned today and has had to cancel?

I saw on metcheck all week that today was likely to be frosty.Tomorrow is looking much better.
  • Tino4444
    Tino4444 Posts: 281
    Lets hope so!! I may go out tomorrow instead then.

My wife says shes heard that its supposed to be really windy tomorrow though!! Cant win......roll on summer, saying that we will no doubt be flooded with all the heavy rain!!
    Speciallized Allez 09...great bike shame about the wheels!!
  • Ricardo H
    Ricardo H Posts: 167
    hour on the turbo, or up the forest this afternoon. Saving the road for tommorow as its looking like 8c. Think i might head up towards box hill
  • Stick to the main roads in weather like this.

Got a 60 miler round Northallerton way this morning.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Booboocp
    Booboocp Posts: 1,156
    Why not come along and join us on a ride round the lanes, leaving from Otley.

Start time is 10:00 a.m. from Otley Chevin Cycles

...small group with at least one of the fairer sex riding. :)

See White Rose Challenge Training Rides thread for more info.
    <b>Event Website:</b> http://www.whiteroseclassic.co.uk
  • r3 guy
    r3 guy Posts: 229
    Just stick to the main a roads, the thing is about the wind, rain etc, is to treat it like a training ride, if you can get through conditions like that imagine how you will feel and perform on a warm sunny summers day.