New Guy - Cardiff

Alexjfinch
Alexjfinch Posts: 9
edited January 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi Gents and Ladies,

I emailed MBUK a while back about forums and my letter got printed this month (Feb 2009) so here I am! - be gentle.

If anyone read the letter, my bike is finally finished, finally finished the front brake enough for it to stop me. I still need to fit the 203mm adapter and new 203mm disc.

Who's around South Wales who go MTBing then?

Cheers
Alex

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I live just up the road at the edge of newport, and will find me round CWm and afan all sumer... and a bit of the winter hehe
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I'm not a local, but since I twigged to the proximity of Afan & Cwm Carn to Cardiff I've been pestering the wife to go visit her parents in Grangetown. Should be down that way at Easter.

Welcome to the forum.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    I live like two seconds from strangetown, and the missus lived all her life there.

I love cardiff.

MTB does not get better than here, unless you live in the rockies or something.

I am trying to get to afan.

Yes laugh now, I have been riding in cardiff for 4 years, been to cwmcarn but not afan. :o

So trying to get up there asap.

:arrow: Im with stupid.
  • Im from sunny Swansea :? but can often be found in Merthyr most weekends ......
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i wish i lived somewhere near any decent riding, you lucky sod!! welcome, get over to the general section for a picture of your bike, there are more pervs here than you might think (unless i am the only one who likes looking at other folks bikes)
  • Excellent stuff!

Bike pictures now in general 8)

I'll be getting out soon enough