Anyone from Basingstoke area?

MysticalSnail
MysticalSnail Posts: 34
edited May 2009 in MTB rides
Anyone on here local to the basingstoke area into xc? If so get in touch!

Comments

• johnyyy
    johnyyy Posts: 13
    hi , im from just down the road in Tadley, im also looking for someone to ride out with in the local area and further a field maybe. If your interested just let me know what and when..........
  • Tranced
    Tranced Posts: 165
    Yep.... I'm from here. :D
    Happy to get together for rides. Spent quite a bit of time last summer at Swinley, but open to a lot more.
    Planning on taking part in a lot more funrides, events (evans/gorrick etc.) this year. Not compeditive, for enjoyment.
    Keen to do a nice long ride along Basing canal again soon, starting at Up Nately, I've been as far as Ash Vale +- 40M out, but ride continues beyond Woking.
    Embrace cynicism…. see the bigger picture!!!!
  • If any of you guys are willing to travel down the road to Farnborough, have a look at www.tunnelhilltrolls.co.uk
  • Tranced
    Firestarter. I had a look there before & forgot about it. Will add to my list of things to check. Unfortunately tonight it's showing:

"Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at tunnelhilltrolls.co.uk Port 80"

Oops... Cheers
  • JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    Sorry about that, the website seems to have been a bit busy of late...

All sorted now. :D
  • johnyyy
    good to see a few riders in the area. if anyone doesnt mind a beginner tagging along for rides then let me know.
  • Tranced
    I'm in Ldn tomorrow & riding Bristol to Bath path on Sun. Next weekend should be Swinley &/ or Basing canal if weather plays along. I'll update plan in week ahead.
  • Tranced
    OK, so no Bristol trip tomorrow. Roadie ride to New Arlesford it is then. Any joiners? I'll post here at about between 9-10am if I'm going. If so plan to leave +- 10.30-11.00 from Sainsbury, Kempshot. +-30M out & back. Comfortable pace for newbies. :D
    One big hill to cross.
  • Would love to do the trip to arlseford tomorrow but im working 11 - 5 :( its nice riding out that way. Ive ready sent you a PM so talk to you soon!
  • Tranced
    MysticalSnail... No probs. Next weekend isn't far away.

Johnyyy... leaving as per above at 10.30 just in case FYI.
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    ME and the lads are Reading/Didcot/BAsingstoke based and always needing ideas on where to ride really.

We have loads around Didcot, but nothing really around the other 2 areas yet we know of.

I'll keep an eye out on some of these threads for ideas gents.
  • johnyyy
    im working close to didcot , are the trails out that way all offroad and on an OS map?
  • Anyone riding tomorrow morning (sunday 25th) in basingstoke??
  • Tranced
    Sorry... did Bristol - Bath today. Weather willing Basing area next weekend again.
  • We really need a couple weeks with no rain so swinley can dry out a bit. Please god it's not too much to ask. It's a complete mud bath at the mo. :evil:
  • Sorry to bump an old thread, but Google brought me here :)

I'm also from Tadley and other than short blasts over Pamber forest and playing on the Monkey bumps I generally head over to Swinley. Can anyone recommend anywhere different to ride, upto an hour drive?

Also if anyone is looking for someone to ride with (leisurely pace, prefer going down to up etc...) give me a shout!
  • flybywire
    flybywire Posts: 575
    Recommend riding Goring/Whitchurch way

Alternatively Headley/Highclere/Watership Down are all good areas to ride. Check out MBR for a featured ride around Greenham Common & areas last year, all good.
  • mb rider
    mb rider Posts: 7
    im from basingstoke use old basing as local loop every night. :)
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    johnyyy wrote:
    im working close to didcot , are the trails out that way all offroad and on an OS map?

Pretty much yeah, apart from a few small ones that have been sort of 'made' by a bit of wear and tear.
  • johnyyy
    hello everyone, really need to get back on my bike...............winter and then my back have prevented me getting out!

im off on holiday next week for 2 weeks but when i get back will be jumping back on my steed much more... local and further afield.
  • I ride around Greenham Common / Watership Down most weekends (MBR route). Not particularly technical, but has a few good sections.
    I was out around Pangbourne today, definitely the best riding in the area.

Brad
    2016 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0
    2012 Scott Foil 40
    2009 Spesh Allez Elite
    2005 Rocky Mountain Element 70
  • nby
    nby Posts: 62
    im down the road in andover and would also like to know of any routes in hampshire, hoping to do the test valley tour later in the year if its any good?
    fury 'n' i
  • gsxrian
    gsxrian Posts: 97
    Yep i'm from basingstoke,I'll live by the hospital in rookdown....found some good xc track from basingstoke to whitchurch!

http://whereilive.hants.gov.uk/rightsof ... form1.aspx
    stumpjumper FSR comp 2008
    trek 1.5 2010
    Orbea Alma H70