Tomorrow, We Ride - Book

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2009 in Pro race
I got thisfor Xmas and I'm really enjoying it.

Written by Jean Bobet (Louisons brother) it cover a period of cycling in the 50's I've always been interested in. Names like Coppi, Koblet, Kubler, Anquetil all feature. Jean seems very intelligent and has a few very interesting observations.

The translation from French is excellent too.

Worth a read.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Thanks for the tip. I still haven't read the book about Jacques Anquetil. I kept dropping hints about it before Christmas, but obviously I'm too subtle for my own good.

I wonder what it is about cycling that makes for so many good books?
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Its the drama, History and passion of the sport that has made for so many incredible moments through its history. I really believe that thats what people find so attractive about the sport. The suffering of the riders and what they go through, there really isn't a sport that can compare. Funny thing is i'm working at my Girlfriend, just so she understands why i'm a fan and will let me watch the classics.... its having no effect as yet mind! LOL
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    afx237vi wrote:
    Thanks for the tip. I still haven't read the book about Jacques Anquetil. I kept dropping hints about it before Christmas, but obviously I'm too subtle for my own good. Iquote]

You could go and borrow it from the library you know. It's free!
    I've had the dreaded cold :( so have read 2 on Sean Kelly, Jacques Anquetil, Bradley Wiggins, Craig Revel Horwood from Strictly plus a Barnaby/Midsummer murders novel all from library!!! :)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman