David Beckham

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited February 2009 in Campaign
Have just been reading an article about Becks on the Belgian website www.hln.be
It states that David Beckham was asked by the Italian tv channel RAI for an interview. Becks kindly agreed and said he would do an interview, but at a price. He politely informed them that it would be 500,000quid. They politely informed him that he can forget it.Hard to believe that he could ask for so much money, Beggars belief.
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Ah well, footballers :roll: Wouldnt even waste my time p1ssing on one if he were on fire, far to much money and arrogance :evil: :arrow:
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    That figure pales against some of the money on offer by they glossy magazines for interviews and pictures.

The crazy world of celebrity :?
  • You should see what T.Balir esq charges for a 90 minute lecture! :shock:
    Anyway, where is the well-known "Middle East Peace Envoy" currently?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • NFMC
    NFMC Posts: 232
    Not sure how true this is (and can't be arsed to do any research) but Milan are owned by Berlusconi (the Italian PM) who also owns one of their main television channels.

It's supposedly part of the loan deal that Beckham (and Posh) - and all AC Milan players - can only do telly with his channel. But, that's technically against competition laws so players put ridiculous demands in like that to stop them going on alternatives.

Either that or he's greedy. One of the two.
  • BigG67
    BigG67 Posts: 582
    I'd go along with NFMC on this one....if it was a simple interview.

I know a bit about how much althete and personalities get paid and £500k for an interview is way too much......500k lira....now that might be true :wink:

The big money from Hello et al is for exclusives on one off events (commonly weddings/births etc) rather than straight up interviews.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    BigG67 wrote:
    I'd go along with NFMC on this one....if it was a simple interview.

I know a bit about how much althete and personalities get paid and £500k for an interview is way too much......500k lira....now that might be true :wink:

The big money from Hello et al is for exclusives on one off events (commonly weddings/births etc) rather than straight up interviews.
    Unfortunately the website only states an interview with David Beckham, it does not mention what kind of interview. i.e. a live TV chat show type interview or a casual interview, so fraid i can,t help there.Yes it is an astounding amount of money and thats why i posted it on the forum.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    From what I read DB was going to do the interview, but Posh stepped in as the interviewer was very very good looking and was scared David would be tempted.
  • From what I read DB was going to do the interview, but Posh stepped in as the interviewer was very very good looking and was scared David would be tempted.

ilaria.jpg

There might be something to that. Her name is Ilaria D'Amico and she is a lot prettier than "Posh".
  • marusches
    marusches Posts: 129
    have not read previous post's but someone might have mentioned this. Who would pay that much to a squeaky cockney to say "you know" "ah" and "um" every sentence ?
  • The sooner "Posh & Becks" disappear up their own rectums the better.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    edited February 2009
    Beckham went for a haircut to prepare for the interview. The barber was a bit concerned because the Grayt Man would not remove his walkman earphones, and there was a risk of the cables being cut.
    Eventually, Beckham's publicist persuaded him to take them out, and to his shock the sporting leg end immediately dropped dead.
    Stunned, he bent to pick up the walkman and heard a tinny voice speaking. Putting the earpieces to his head, he heard:

"Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in......"
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • just saying the word "Beckham" means you owe him £500.

Before you judge him to harshly, remember, Victoria's surgeries are not getting any cheaper, or any less frequent. This couple supports an entire industry of synthetic body parts..she is quite literally becoming the Six million Dollar woman and two tummy tucks away from being classified as a cyborg.

If it weren't for her, how would suburban women worldwide style their hair??

National Treasures.
  • Hard to believe that he could ask for so much money,

... especially when you find that every sentence has at least six 'yer knows' in it!

Most over-hyped medium-ability sportsman ever! :?
    AT MY AGE, I SHOULD KNOW BETTER !!!
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Steve Kish wrote:
    Hard to believe that he could ask for so much money,

... especially when you find that every sentence has at least six 'yer knows' in it!

Most over-hyped medium-ability sportsman ever! :?

Tell that to AC Milan.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Becks cant string a sentance together without pausing 3 times.He has no real opions on anything.He was a good player though,now Manu have Ronaldo even more arrogent but a better player than Becks ever was.