XC Buddies... Tunbridge Wells Area

Benji77
Benji77 Posts: 19
edited January 2009 in MTB rides
Hi

I have just relocated to the Tunbridge Wells area and don't really know anyone locally (or routes) to cycle with.

I'm looking for people reasonably local for a Sunday or Saturday rides... from a couple of hours to longer... Obviously, when the weather brightens up, weekday evenings too...

I'm 31, average fitness, have a Trek Fuel EX8 and not looking to kill myself in the process! :D I enjoy single track and cross country.... this sounds like a lonely hearts column! :lol:

So wondered if there was anyone in a similar situation...

So far I have been to Bedgebury and the local Hornshurst Woods but with limited knowledge of the area, Im a bit limited and bored!!!

Anyway, let me know if your interested...

Cheers,
ben

Comments

• RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Hi Ben,

Im 26 and live in T wells.

I dont ride much around the local area, i mainly ride at surrey hills but thats because my girlfriend lives near there and i spend alot of time round hers. When i do ride around here i ride the north/south downs, Blue bell hill and occasionally bedgebury if i really am desperate. Ive been lazy and never totally explored t wells, i have done a few rides which i used my tracklogs to make a loop of bridleways out and around penshurst way but i didnt find anything to good.

Your welcome to come along with me anytime, pm me or email me.

Russ
  • McBlip
    McBlip Posts: 36
    Benji77 wrote:
    Hi

I have just relocated to the Tunbridge Wells area and don't really know anyone locally (or routes) to cycle with.

I'm looking for people reasonably local for a Sunday or Saturday rides... from a couple of hours to longer... Obviously, when the weather brightens up, weekday evenings too...

I'm 31, average fitness, have a Trek Fuel EX8 and not looking to kill myself in the process! :D I enjoy single track and cross country.... this sounds like a lonely hearts column! :lol:

So wondered if there was anyone in a similar situation...

So far I have been to Bedgebury and the local Hornshurst Woods but with limited knowledge of the area, Im a bit limited and bored!!!

Anyway, let me know if your interested...

Cheers,
    ben

Hi Ben - yep I'm always up for that and live near Maidstone. Drop me a text on 07976617701.

Cheers ANDREW ...
    The older I get the faster I was ...
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Ben/Andrew, take a look in the XC in Kent thread on here. If you can read past all the nonsense about finance advise and people wearing star wars masks whilst riding then there are a load of people who meet up often heh. Quite a lot around Blean near canterbury but also go over to Swinley and other bits on the north downs