"Kirklees" Sportive

langsett
langsett Posts: 77
Hi and happy New year

There will once again be a challenging ride around the peaks and Pennines to get you ready for the Sportive season.

Keeping to the popular route from last year i am hoping to get a larger HQ, close to Huddersfield and on the route.

At present Kirklees Council are not running the event so although the name may change the ride remains the same!

Entry details soon

safe riding

Comments

• ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    Langsett wrote:
    Hi and happy New year

There will once again be a challenging ride around the peaks and Pennines to get you ready for the Sportive season.

Keeping to the popular route from last year i am hoping to get a larger HQ, close to Huddersfield and on the route.

At present Kirklees Council are not running the event so although the name may change the ride remains the same!

Entry details soon

safe riding
    I'll be there!
  • 26th April is now the date, i have had acceptance from a great HQ and sent them details of requirements including potential for riders to buy refreshmenst on return.

More discussions are taking place but please put the date in your diary
  • Excellent. Huddersfield Star Wheelers already getting organised for our 'home' sportive. Hoping for a dry day this year so that rapid descent off Holme Moss and Buckstones is a little less scary :shock:
  • Might have to do this one, I see that Pain in the Pennines isn't on this year..
  • This was my first (ever) sportive last year and inspite of all the rain thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope to make it back again this time.

DM
  • Langsett wrote:
    26th April is now the date, i have had acceptance from a great HQ and sent them details of requirements including potential for riders to buy refreshmenst on return.

More discussions are taking place but please put the date in your diary

I was there last year and hope to be there this year. The ride was great but the end was a massive anti-climax. No one was even bothered to take my name let alone say "well done" or "this way to the refreshments".

JB
    2 minute grovels can sometimes be a lot longer..tho' shorter on a lighter bike :-)

Ride the Route Ankerdine Hill 2008

http://peterboroughbigband.webplus.net/index.html
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    I was there last year and hope to be there this year. The ride was great but the end was a massive anti-climax. No one was even bothered to take my name let alone say "well done" or "this way to the refreshments".
    I came trailing in behind John (who'd waited patiently for me at the top of virtually every hill) and I was too knackered to even realise that there weren't any refreshments! :?
  • ColinJ wrote:
    I came trailing in behind John (who'd waited patiently for me at the top of virtually every hill) and I was too knackered to even realise that there weren't any refreshments! :?

Weren't their bacon sarnies and other food in the main building? I went in but didn't eat anything (I only live round the corner from it). I'm sure there were people eating food although think you had to pay.
  • spoken like a true Yorkshire man, "you had to pay" <G>